Organization: Equal Access
Closing date: 13 Nov 2016
Equal Access (EA) is an international not for profit organization (501c3), headquartered in San Francisco and working throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that foster peace building and social cohesion, women & girls’ empowerment, youth life skills & livelihoods, human rights, health, as well as civic participation and good governance in the developing world.
EA has launched AREWA24, a Hausa-language, free-to-air satellite television channel which can be viewed on Eutelsat Satellite Channel 16A/16 East Horizontal (frequency 10804, symbol rate 30000). AFDWA24 is locally produced by and for Northern Nigerians, and fully dedicated to the people, cultures, and values of the Hausa-speaking sub-region. With a slate of original and premier international programming, AREWA24’s goal is to create an authentic Hausa-language television platform that enriches the lives of Northern Nigerian viewers and projects the beauty, promise, and potential of Northern Nigeria. EA seeks to recruit an Special Projects Producer to help support the growth of AREWA24 and its Nigeria program
Essential Job Functions:
Duties will include but not limited to:
· Oversee the development, production and editing of network show reels, Ad sales presentations, short form videos, interstitials, vignettes, and full length specials;
· Field Produce a variety of production projects;
· Create Program Trailers for Ad Sales, videos for marketing presentations, etc.
· Oversee the production of Radio Jingles and other marketing materials;
· Oversee the production of third party translation and dubbing projects, original productions and other such content, as assigned.
· Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Must have a degree a degree in communications, media production, or The equivalent from a College or University;
· Minimum of five years television experience in international quality field production and post-production work as a hands on producer is required;
· Must be able to direct field shoots, and have first-hand knowledge and experience working with camera crews, lighting and sound technicians;
· Must have thorough knowledge of and experience in advanced post production editing techniques;
· Must be able to write fluently in both English and Hausa;
· Experience as a director, editor or camera operator or director of photography is a plus;
· Must have experience supervising production and post production personnel;
· Ability to work under deadline pressure and a track record of delivering content on schedule;
· Experience working with Final Cut Pro X, Avid and Pro tools.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Application, CV to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title of position applied for should be clearly stated as subject of the email
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS 13th November, 2016
Please note that we may consider applications and begin the interview process prior to the closing date.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb