Posted by: CUNY School of Professional Studies
New York, NY, US
Since its inception in 2003, the School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched nineteen degrees: ten bachelor’s degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and nine master’s degrees, with additional programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction.
The Welcome Center serves as the first point of contact for prospective and current students who are interested in obtaining information about the CUNY School of Professional Studies. As a member of the Welcome Center team, the Admissions Assistant will support the processes to recruit, admit, enroll, and retain students at the CUNY School of Professional Studies. In this role, the Admissions Assistant will provide proactive and responsive information to prospective and current students who visit the School and through email, phone, and live chat communication. The Admissions Assistant stays informed on all SPS policies, programs, and events to provide accurate and timely information.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to general inquiries regarding the School of Professional Studies in a polite and professional manner to ensure the highest level of student satisfaction.
- Provide assistance and support to prospective students throughout the application and enrollment process.
- Assist with admission recruitment activities, including courtesy calls, open house events, and mailings.
- Enter prospective student data to create new records and update existing records in the School’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Track all activities including calls, chats, walk-ins, emails, etc. in appropriate systems.
- Assist with cross-functional enrollment support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Associate’s Degree/Bachelor’s degree preferred from an accredited college
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems
- Commitment to understanding admissions application and student enrollment processes
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Evidence of being detail, results, and solution oriented
- Ability to be focused and efficient, but also flexible when working on multiple projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer applications quickly
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
Read more here:: Idealist