Posted by: Global Health Corps
New York, NY, US
Global Health Corps
Global Health Corps (GHC) mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity. GHC believes young leaders with diverse backgrounds and a deep commitment to collaboration, innovation, and social justice are going to revolutionize how the world tackles its toughest health challenges. We strongly believe our GHC community is the new breed of leaders that the world desperately needs.
Through a competitive recruitment process, we identify daring and innovative university graduates and early- to mid-career professionals from around the world and pair them with amazing partner organizations and government agencies in the US, East Africa (Rwanda and Uganda), and Southern Africa (Malawi and Zambia). Our fellows spend a year in their placement devoting their unstoppable energy to making the world a healthier place for all people, everywhere. Whether they are working with a small grassroots organization like HIPS in Washington, DC to ensure sex workers have access to critical health services, or with the Ministry of Health in Zambia researching patient use of HIV testing and counseling, each fellow plays an essential role in the health equity movement.
Fellows come together five times a year for additional training, community building, leadership development, and mentorship to become audacious, resilient, and highly-networked changemakers. Each one of our fellows has the capacity to change the world – and many already are – and we are grateful to work closely with them to amplify their impact. Since its founding in 2009, GHC has supported nearly 600 fellows working at various levels of the health system, across issue areas and across continents, and our community gets stronger every year.
GHC is seeking a versatile, results-oriented, systems-loving, and globally-minded project manager to join our team. GHC’s operations team is detail oriented, fast-paced, committed to supporting others, highly collaborative, and very strategic. We work daily across cultural differences, a number of country laws and regulations, and time zones so being an excellent, thoughtful, and strategic communicator is essential. We support a movement, and we are the movement; the Central Operations team is the engine that keeps GHC running. Led by the Vice President of Operations, the Central Operations team covers a diverse range of roles, all with the single-minded focus on providing centralized, global support and infrastructure which complement the provision of services in each of our regions.
A deep passion for understanding how things work and then can be optimized with a bent that is results-driven and collaboration is a must. You will report to the Vice President of Operations but will collaborate with members across all teams at GHC.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, global, highly-collaborative environment where we are passionate about what we do, care deeply for our greater mission, and work really, really hard to achieve results. If you’re interested in working in global health, this job isn’t for you. If you are excited by the systems that keep the trains running, if you love challenges and excel at problem-solving, and if you have the professionalism and rock hard capabilities to contribute to a team that’s creating change…then yes, let’s talk.
We don’t have endless resources, but we have a vision for how efficiently and effectively GHC should operate. We think big, and we think ahead, always exercising humility and the can-do attitude which means we get our hands dirty in order to make it happen. Is this you?
* The Operations Associate/Coordinator is comfortable working on administrative and sometimes behind-the-scenes projects which help teams and colleagues work more efficiently. We are open to hiring at an associate or a coordinator level for this role; the function areas of the role will remain the same – the level of responsibility will be tailored to the candidate. His/her time will be focused on the following categories of work:
Programmatic Support (45%)
* In support of the U.S. Program team and in collaboration with the U.S. Country Manager, liaise with real estate brokers and landlords to ensure that potential housing meets GHC requirements for fellow readiness and act as an expediter as needed
* Research and advise on suitable health insurance options for fellows; act as a liaison between insurance providers and GHC
* Work with the VP of Operations to quickly respond to any health, safety or security issue faced by fellows and/or staff
* Liaise with risk management firm to understand current and changing landscapes in our countries of operation, communicating with fellows and staff on key updates and strengthening internal protocols
* Coordinate with the Central Programs Team and others to execute large-scale events which require support from the Central Operations Team (e.g., planning sessions for Training Institute or funds disbursement and reimbursements at retreats)
Operations Team Support (35%)
* Working closely with the VP of Operations to execute strategic and annual operational plans, ensure that the Central Operations Team maximizes opportunities, meets its goals, and significantly grows staff capacity and accountability while building long-term sustainability
* Drive planning of scope and sequence for global Operations Team meetings and related work with the VP of Operations (meeting of operations personnel from across Central Operations and each regional office)
* Draft internal communications and presentations and provide analytical modeling for cross-team initiatives
Special Projects (20%)
Provide project coverage and operational support as needed and as determined by the VP of Operations
Assist with vendor selection and proposal analysis as needed (e.g., vendor selection to support our growing IT needs from phone systems to laptop selection and configuration)
Act as a “jack of all trades” to support the VP of Operations
Associate: 1-3 years professional experience; experience in operations, management consulting or public relations is a plus
Coordinator: 3-5 years professional experience; experience in operations, management consulting or public relations is a plus
Bachelor’s degree required
Self-directed, proactive problem solver who is comfortable working under time constraints to deliver high-quality work
Skill with Microsoft Office suite (particularly PowerPoint and Excel) and comfort with numerical analysis
Highly organized with proven time management skills, a keen eye for detail and experience creating efficient systems to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
Motivated by getting results
Strong verbal and written communication skills especially across lines of difference
A spirit of flexibility, a positive outlook and a strong and professional customer service ethic
A sense of humor is a must!
Thank you for applying!
The GHC Team
Read more here:: Idealist