Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 30 Nov 2016
Interviewer, Public Opinion and Communication Activities (POCA)
Project, Performance Management Support Contract
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking one (1) qualified Interviewer to conduct 10 in-depth interviews (IDIs) of major opinion leaders as part of the monitoring of USAID/Pakistan’s public outreach and communication activities (POCA). In September 2015, USAID/Pakistan awarded a three-year contract to a leading advertising firm to develop and implement a communications strategy to raise awareness about USAID’s development assistance, improve perceptions of the United States, and help Pakistanis understand the relationship between USAID and the US government. The communication campaign will run on major media channels including TV, radio, digital media, and newspapers. The first mass media campaign aired from August through September 2016, and a second campaign will run from November-December 2016.
USAID Pakistan has requested PERFORM to assess the effectiveness of the USAID communications strategy. One component of this assessment is to solicit the opinions of 10 key influencers in Pakistan from the government, business, religious, and media sectors.
The purpose of the IDIs is to understand the narrative of the opinion leaders regarding USAID and its development assistance in Pakistan. The interviewer will be assisted by a Note Taker that will assist in the development of the questionnaire and interview guide, record the interview responses, transcribe the notes, and assist with data analysis and report writing. The Interviewer will supervise the Note Taker during the field work and transcriptions. The period of performance for this activity is estimated to be from mid-November 2016 – early January 2017, and the Interviewer and Note Taker are expected to conduct the interviews in various locations throughout Pakistan.
- Develop the data collection instrument, which will consist of a closed and open ended questionnaire, and interview guide.
- Pilot test the data collection instrument and revise it accordingly.
- Orient the Note Taker who will accompany the Interviewer to all the IDIs.
- Supervise the data transcription process to ensure the transcriptions are clear and capture the details of the interview to facilitate analysis.
- Ensure that interviews take place in a timely fashion, per the workplan.
- Analyze the interview data and prepare and deliver a PowerPoint brief of the interview findings for USAID/Pakistan.
- Prepare a draft report of the methodology and findings of the interviews.
- Assist with other tasks necessary to successfully complete the assignment.
- At least a Master’s degree in media studies, communication, social sciences, or a related field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience developing data collection instruments, conducting interviews and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience preparing PowerPoint presentations and drafting reports, particularly for USAID.
- Excellent analytical, and oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and produce quality work.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this evaluation will not be considered for this assignment. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being evaluated or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7pjxg3js6k
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb