Organization: Green Climate Fund
Country: Republic of Korea
Closing date: 28 Nov 2016
The Internal Audit Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Internal Auditor to develop internal audit procedures and plans. S/he will also be responsible for assisting the Internal Auditor to ensure that internal controls, risk management practices and governance processes are adhered across the Fund in such a manner that safeguards the Fund’s assets and reputation. The position is for an initial three-year period.
Starting at US$ 97,700 (tax free in S Korea)per annum, plus international expatriate benefits – housing allowance, relocation allowance, medical insurance, education assistance and home country travel.
The Internal Audit Specialist will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Internal Auditor to:
- Develop audit and internal control processes and procedures;
- Ensure timely completion of internal audit engagement;
- Plan and develop a multiyear internal audit plan;
- Examine, evaluate, report and recommend improvements on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management practices. This includes, identifying and evaluating material risks to which the Fund is exposed due to a lack of policies and/or due to non-compliance with internal control or risk management practices, also making the relevant recommendations;
- Provide senior management with periodic reports regarding the adherence to and the adequacy of internal controls, highlighting any gaps that expose the Fund to a loss of assets or reputation;
- Prepare reports for the Executive Director, Risk Management Committee and the Ethics and Audit Committee, and inform them without delay on any issues of significance about Risk, Internal Control or Management practice;
- Develop and maintain Quality Assurance and improvement programs of the Internal Auditing function;
- Liaise with the Fund’s External Auditors to ensure adequate and cost-effective audit coverage, and minimise duplication of the audit efforts;
- Monitor and report on the Fund’s adherence to KYC, AML, Fraud, Technology, and Sanctions; and ensure compliance with the IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
Selected essential experience:
- Minimum of seven years of experience in similar role, including four years of auditing gained in an internal audit role at a global top tier financial institution, International Organisation and/or multilateral fund, or in an external audit role at a top tier auditing firm;
- Knowledge of auditing methodologies and related auditing information systems;
- Experience auditing models and systems;
- Experience auditing project implementation in developing countries, as well as investments made in the form of grants, concessional loans, credit and equity or similar experience in project finance, credit and risk management would be preferable;
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
How to apply:
.Please apply through Oxford HR at http://oxfordhr.co.uk/job/internal-audit-specialist-2/#page
Read more here:: ReliefWeb