Posted by: Beacon Hill Friends House
Boston, MA, US
The Residency Manager is a spiritual and administrative leader in our residential Quaker-based community. The Residency Manager (RM) works closely with the Kitchen Manager and the Director to ensure smooth operation of the office and the community. Responsibilities include mentoring residents in community life; managing admissions, resident chores, and rent collection; and maintaining community documents. The RM oversees Guest Room hospitality, including taking reservations, preparing rooms, and greeting guests. This full-time position has a flexible schedule which often requires evening and weekend work. Beacon Hill Friends House is a Quaker center in a historic building in downtown Boston. Our residential program is a cooperative community of 21 adults of many ages and spiritual backgrounds, based in Quaker practice and principles.. Other activities include offering hospitality through overnight guest rooms and public meeting spaces for Quakers and others and holding Quaker-related events.
- Experience living in cooperative, intentional, residential community
- Experience managing groups
- Cooperative leadership skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to shepherd/mentor diverse personalities in community
- Highly organized and flexible, with an ability to keep track of multiple ongoing tasks and projects in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Beacon Hill Friends House
- Willingness to reside at the Beacon Hill Friends House
- Commitment to follow the policies governing day-to-day life at the House.
Additional qualifications desired:
- Membership in the Society of Friends or familiarity and sympathy with Friends’ views and practices.
- Formal or informal pastoral care experience
- Conflict resolution or mediation training
- Meeting and workshop facilitation
Read more here:: Idealist