Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 15 Nov 2016
ICT Coordinator-Re-advertised – Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC is seeking to hire Information Communication Technology Coordinator to support NRC in responding to needs of IDPs, Returnees and Conflict affected Host Community through Emergency Education Intervention. NRC is providing appropriate Emergency Education materials and activities to the children affected by the conflict.
Being staff of Norwegian Refugee Council, the ICT Coordinator will be expected to represent NRC in a professional manner and always act in accordance with NRC Code of Conducts.
The position will provide administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results but not limited to:
Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of New IT equipment for all offices and project provision of technical specifications and information on best options.
Maintenance of an up to date inventory of the software and hardware.
Provision of IT support to key events
Establish of shared folders in all Juba and Field offices.
THE POSITION IS OPEN FOR SOUTH SUDANESE NATIONALS ONLY, – WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Applications must be submitted no later than 15 November 2016, either through webcruiter or by email to SS.firstname.lastname@example.org or in an enclosed envelope clearly marked “Application for: Position of INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY” to one of NRC offices in these locations:
Human Resource Office in Juba
Human Resource Office in Alek
Human Resource Office in Aweil
Admin and Human Resource Office in Bor, Akobo and Minkaman (Awerial)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, by e-mail or by phone.
- Ensure Implementation of IT strategies and introduction/ implementation of new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- To be the lead in learning and development of staff in use of IT tools/ Resources that will help improve efficiency in delivery and build capacity of staff in resolving some minor day-to-day issues.
- Ensure adequate induction of new staff n all IT policies and provide IT services in a timely manner
- Responsible for setting the systems to secure data and communications
- Ensure compliance with the SCI IT quality framework guidelines and undertake IT assessments against the IT Global / CO strategies.
- Responsible for setting up implementation and monitoring of all IT systems and equipment’s for the respective offices in Kenya office.
- Ensure exited staffs are removed from accessing NRC Information and data on their laptops and that the data is backed up for future references.
- Stays abreast of ICT developments in the international and local market – particularly, but not limited to, those related to networks providing recommendations based on opportunities to improve the efficiency and impact of NRC’s overall performance.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Plan, and account for all IT processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of country IT strategy and IT budget.
- Review and liaise with the Regional IT Coordinator on any IT needs and capacity building for staff.
- Liaise with relevant programme staff to ensure that IT related costs and captured in Plans and proposals.
- Ensures effective functioning of the field office hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievements of the following results:
- Ensure effective functioning (Installation, operation and maintenance) of all NRC hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies;
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components( disks, memories, network wiring, power sources) and routine repairs;
- Identify needed software upgrades, procure and install with compliance to NRC’s policies and licensing agreements.
- Establish a routine maintenance schedule for all IT equipment in Juba and Field Offices.
- Coordinate trainings on the use of hardware (Projectors, laptops) and software as needed.
- Ensure efficient networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment.
- Trouble –shooting and monitoring of network problems. Ensure that the NRC laptops/desktop and network resources are protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy counter measures in the event of attacks.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintenance of up to date parameters of information for the network clients and electron
- Certification and University degree in Information Technology related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Adobe , and other software
- Ability to work independently, take personal initiative, and multi-task including strong facilitation skills in an ever changing, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to coach others and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in insecure environments is critical.
- Experience in facility management with regards to managing multiple locations at the same time.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and frustrating working circumstances is required.
- Commitment to and understanding of NRC’s aims, values and principles.
- Fluency in English
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly into the field.
- Knowledge of donor financial policies and guidelines.
- Computing / IT
- Academy college / University
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 12 months Contract renewable subject to funding
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
- Duty station: Juba, South Sudan
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
How to apply:
Please, apply through www.nrc.no, then vacancies
Read more here:: ReliefWeb