Organization: Save the Children
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 16 Nov 2016
INTERNAL AUDITOR – SOUTH SUDAN
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Internal Auditor supports programme management by evaluating adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management and control systems. S/he will carry out audits, reviews and investigations to deliver opinions on the effectiveness of the controls and risk framework operating across Save the Children International to the various stakeholders.
Contract Duration: Fixed Term -12 Months
Location: South Sudan
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional qualification as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Extensive experience in relevant operational areas (e.g. in programme/project management in an INGO context) and be willing to learn the appropriate audit skills
- Be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
- Excellent written communication (report writing) skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and relationship building
- Strong results-orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Willingness to undertake high amount of travel within the South Sudan SCI field locations (30%) and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions in some of the most underdeveloped, insecure and remote parts of South Sudan.
- Strong cultural awareness and be able to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrate high standards of ethics and integrity
- Experience of risk-based auditing
- Track record of leading a small team for specific short-term audit or other work assignments and delivering high quality timely results
- Experience of evaluating systems and processes, identifying weaknesses and areas of improvements
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- INGO experience or have worked in a commercial/public sector international organisation
- Familiarity with grant requirements of major donors such as USAID, EC/ECHO, DFID and the UN
- Good financial analysis aptitude
- Experience of Agresso financial software
- Experience of IT audit
- Counter fraud experience
- Ability to look at the bigger picture when assessing organisational performance and risk
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. This role closes on 16th November 2016.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: ‘MKogi.firstname.lastname@example.org‘
Read more here:: ReliefWeb