Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 30 Nov 2016
iMMAP is looking for an Information Management Officer (IMO) for a 3 month position Syria. The IMO will assist in mapping the assistance coverage, analyze and report the gaps. They will work directly with the Coordination Advisor.
- Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular basis;
- Manage, analyze, document data and information from INGOs interventions in N-East Syria;
- Map assistance coverage in Al-Hasakeh, analyze and report the potential gaps;
- Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance;
- Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes;
- Maintain data bases, provide data entry if required;
- Establish and maintain filing and documentation system accessible for humanitarian partners working in Al-Hasakeh;
- Assist Coordination Advisor in various coordination tasks, as required;
- Adhere to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
- Conduct herself/himself both professionally and personally in respect to humanitarian principles and INGOs code of conduct;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- At least 3 years of work experience, including experience in data management, information management or any other related field is a must;
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s preferred;
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods;
- Excellent skills in Excel are a must;
- Knowledge of a database such as MS Access and statistical analysis software such as SPSS or other similar programs, required;
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required;
- Demonstrated skills in GIS mapping software such as ArcGIS;
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, analyzing and reporting;
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel, as well as with project partners and community members;
- Excellent in written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurdish will be an advantage; and,
- Good writing and reporting skills.
Critical Success Factors:
The successful Information Management Officer will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated attention to details, will be committed to work long hours in field conditions, with limited access to resources. S/he will have excellent computer skills, will be able to comfortably communicate in English (both in writing and speaking). S/he will be highly motivated, with initiative and capable to work without direct supervision. S/he will be willing to conduct field travels and work in ethnically and culturally diversified team.
For more information and to apply visit us on Linkedin
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb