|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Friday 25th November 2016|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking for its Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate – Quality, Management Support and Systems Department – Management Support Unit
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 1st February 2017)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered.
Objective of the traineeship
The main objective of the traineeship is to perform data cleaning, data structuring and other actions that shall result in up-to-date and well-structured electronic archives containing Personnel’s procurement contracts, calls for tenders documents and templates.
Under the supervision of the Personnel Procurement Team Leader, the trainee will review the existing Personnel’s procurement databases and participate actively in the daily tasks assigned to the team.
The work will mainly be performed in Personnel’s workspace within the Bank’s document management system (OpenText LiveLink software aka “GED”) and the procurement-to-pay financial database “PeopleSoft Financials” (Oracle-based software).
His/her main tasks will be to
- Support to review the current structure of Personnel’s GED databases containing contracts, calls for tenders and template documents.
- Support to review the archiving practices and to enforce and foster the use of the existing naming convention.
- Perform a data quality review in the procurement contracts GED database.
- Support to maintain Personnel’s Excel-based procurement contracts dashboard and help ensure consistency with the data in PeopleSoft Financials.
- Help review and draft procurement-related template documents.
- Support the Personnel Procurement Team in analysing its processes, preparing process descriptions and how-to guides (including visual descriptive images and flow-charts) with a view to review and develop the content published in Personnel Procurement Team’s Intranet page.
- Provide administrative support to the team in relation to day-to-day activities related to procurement and purchasing.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- University degree or final year of studies in information management, procurement, law, business administration or human resources
- Experience in document management, archiving, reporting or general administration
- Knowledge and experience of OpenText LiveLink or SharePoint would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in procurement would be an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word)
- Fluency in English, good knowledge of French would be an advantage
- Strong organisational skills with capability to plan, to organise, prioritise and to anticipate potential issues
- Proactive, dynamic, self-starter
- Ability to analyse and to document problems
- Flexibility and reliability, result orientation
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills both oral and written
Please note that deadline for application is the 25/11/2016
More information on our EIB Internship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/student-jobs/index.htm
Read more here:: EIB