|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Friday 25th November 2016|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking for its Projects Directorate – Safeguards & Quality Management Department –
Environment, Climate & Social Office Division
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 1st February 2017)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered.
Objective of the traineeship
- The Trainee would support the climate action work stream within PJ-SQM-ECSO. He/She will support the team in further developing guidance and background information with the aim to support colleagues in PJ in their assessment of climate action during project appraisal
- Provide the trainee with an overview of the work carried out in the Environment, Climate and Social Office (PJ-SQM-ECSO) with a specific focus on climate mitigation and adaptation. The assignment will provide the trainee with some practical work experience, exposure to different sectors and how Climate Action can be integrated in these sectors. The trainee will have the opportunity to apply his/her theoretical knowledge to real world issues. He/she will get an insight into how the EIB works and how the Bank contributes through its financing to European integration.
- Development of an online library of official sources of climate data in support of the assessment of the vulnerability in a certain geography and sectorial context. This library will support PJ colleagues to determine the vulnerability context of a project or components of projects.
- Further development of sector-level adaptation fact sheets. Identifying the specific vulnerabilities per sector and developing a knowledge pool describing potential adaptation activities and implementation examples..
- Further development and updating of the Intranet ‘climate knowledge platform’ to provide orientation and practical guidance on Climate Action to colleagues across the Bank.
- Carry out an analysis of NDCs by regions. Develop a market analysis for a determined geography and identifying potential investment opportunities per sector and product. This work will support the development of a climate action project pipeline early in the year.
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- Degree in science, environment, economics, or another relevant discipline, with specific climate change aspects in some areas studied
- Academic focus or some experience working on climate change issues would be an advantage
- Languages: English, with excellent writing skills. Reports shall be written in English. French is an asset.
- Works independently, has experience in drafting and reviewing documents in English and preferably with experience of data collection and analysis. Enthusiastic and strong work ethics.
Please note that deadline for application is the 25/11/2016
More information on our EIB Internship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/student-jobs/index.htm
Read more here:: EIB