|Entity:||European Investment Bank|
|Deadline:||Friday 25th November 2016|
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking for its Transaction Management and Restructuring Directorate – Counterpart Management Department –
Public Sector Division
at its headquarters in Luxembourg:
Duration: 5 months (fixed start date: 1st February 2017)
(With possible extension up to 6 months if required by University)
Please note that, as marked on our Webpage, only applications from nationals of the Member States of the European Union, as well as citizens from countries with which EU accession negotiations have started, can be considered.
Objective of the traineeship
The Trainee will be given an introduction into the Financial & Contractual Monitoring of Public Sector counterparts of the Bank within the EU countries and the opportunity to learn about the European Investment Bank group, its mission and activities.
The successful Trainee will be providing support in the day-to-day monitoring of counterparts of the Public Sector Division (PS) and more specifically in the EU (PSEU team) under the supervision of Transaction Management officers and the Head of Unit of the PSEU. An autonomous work style will be expected. S/he will provide support in the following areas:
- Support the PSEU Transaction Management Officers with the financial monitoring tasks, notably in relation to maintaining financial and information covenants up to date in the systems of the Bank
- extrapolation of data for peer analysis purposes;
- Assist in the performance of contractual reviews of the finance contracts of PSEU counterparts;
- Help in the rating coverage exercise
- Help with peer comparison data base for Sub-Sovereign Public Authorities (SSPAs) and Public Sector Entities (PSEs)
Academic qualifications and professional skills
- University graduate or current undergraduate in Law, Finance, Business Administration or other related discipline;
- Familiarity with the basic principles of financial analysis;
- Background in legal documentation would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and French, knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook);
- Ability to efficiently search information in the internet.
- Strong organizational skills with capability to plan, organize, prioritize and to anticipate potential issues
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly assimilate newly acquired knowledge
Please note that deadline for application is the 25/11/2016
More information on our EIB Internship Programme and Provisions for In-service training can be consulted on our EIB website; http://www.eib.org/about/jobs/student-jobs/index.htm
Read more here:: EIB