Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 08 Dec 2016
Position Title : Database IT Officer
Duty Station : IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 08 December 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Tunis and the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the development and implementation of databases and application systems related to the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Programme in the IOM Libya mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Develop, implement and administer database information systems to gather and process information required for DTM implementation.
Responsible in developing data collection tools and/or data entry tools.
Develop and implement IT infrastructure.
Develop and implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability.
Provide user support, guidelines, training materials, and training sessions on the deployment, use, operation, and maintenance of IT software and data collection systems.
Secure consistent availability of computer services. Support maintenance of and training on all technologies used for information database systems.
Prepare and develop analytical tools and reports for displacement trends, needs assessments and programme activities using the programme various databases.
Recruit, manage and train, as needed, database assistants and data entry clerks to ensure the quality of data entered into IOM databases.
Visit field offices to provide technical IT support to the usage of information and database systems. Design databases and auxiliary information sub-systems for existing or new programmes and projects.
Support the reporting and analysis of data for donors and other stakeholders. Ensure data consistency and provide statistical information and mapping.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Database Management, Software Development, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the administration of multi-site IT infrastructure;
• Experience in the development and implementation of population database systems (e.g. migrant registration, censuses, household surveys);
• Experience in the development and management of database information systems;
• Experience in the development and implementation of ODK or any other mobile data collection tools;
• Working experience with the following tools: Access, VB.NET, C++. NET framework, Java, ASP.NET, SQL or Oracle (MCP certification in any of these products is an advantage);
• Experience working in international organizations and the humanitarian community;
• Experience writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis, and compiling diverse datasets;
• Strong computer background, including experience with relational databases, Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, and word processing;
• Experience in relevant issues such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance would be an asset;
• Work experience in or knowledge of the Middle East and North Africa region as a whole would be an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 08 December 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 29.11.2016 to 08.12.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/242 (P) – Database IT Officer (P2) – IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia (54896393) Released
Posting: Posting NC54905131 (54905131) Released
Read more here:: ReliefWeb