Organization: Syria Relief
Closing date: 30 Nov 2016
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Graduate with at least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance,
General Work Experience:
7+ years of progressively responsible experience for a company or division of a large corporation or organization. Working in a NGO for 3 months at least is a must.
§ Languages : Good in English (writing –reading –speaking ) and Turkish (writing-reading-speaking) knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
§ Computing : MS Excel ,MS Word
§ Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
§ Strong verbal and written communication skills.
§ Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
§ Strong experience in financial accounting and reporting
· To contribute to development of policies, procedures, processes and controls across the organization.
· To ensure compliance with all finance and procurement policies, procedures and policies are implemented at all times
· To provide regular reports to Internal Auditor / CD on compliance and to provide immediate reports in case of serious breaches of policy.
· To ensure approved security measures are implemented and all money is tracked.
· To ensure approved cash handling procedures are followed for all cash that may be received by the organization,
· To ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements and labor security law for NGO’s in Turkey.
· To maintain clear records of inter-company transactions
· Working with UK Internal Auditor ensure appropriate financial policy and reporting framework is in place to control and monitor Syria Relief financial and procurement operations.
· Maintain a documented record of accounting and procurement policies and procedure.
· Review continuously accounting and procurement policies suggesting possible improvements to UK Internal Auditor.
· Provide weekly compliance reports to UK Internal Auditor and with Country Director and Finance manager
· Provide immediate incident reports (within one working day) in case of serious noncompliance.
· Review all accounting and procurement documents (Project and Administration) for accuracy, completeness and required level authorization, ensuring that any non-compliant document is returned to its originator.
· Review on a daily basis all cash and bank payments to ensure all required documents are in place and are accurate and appropriately authorized.
· Review Petty Cash records on a weekly basis to ensure that Petty Cash procedures have been properly implemented.
· Review archiving procedures (soft and hard) for accounting and procurement documents to make sure all documents are filed correctly
· Perform weekly cash count and reconciliation with cash book
· Perform weekly bank reconciliation with bank book
· Review existing legal accounting records for in liaison with legal accountant.
· Investigate inter-company transactions / financial allocations and prepare a comprehensive report for Country Director, Finance Manager and UK CEO
· Ensure that future inter-company transactions / allocations are clearly recorded, and are reported to local authorities and UK Head Office on a weekly basis
· Ensure that all legal financial reporting obligations, including HR related obligations, are met and advise UK Internal Auditor of any potential noncompliance.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with cover letter to the attention of the HR Department in SyriaRelief to this
E-Mail HR.firstname.lastname@example.org with the job code SR.TR.AK.COM in the subject line
Please Note that any CV sent with no Job Code in the subject line will not be submitted in the HR Serve
Read more here:: ReliefWeb