Organization: International NGO Safety Organisation
Country: United Arab Emirates
Closing date: 10 Dec 2016
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a highly valued component in the humanitarian safety coordination system. Today the organisation provides daily support to more than 800 NGOs in eleven of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
As we continue to grow in organisational size and complexity, we are now seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our HR Department as a Recruitment Manager.
The Recruitment Manager will join our Operational Support Office team in Dubai and be responsible for selecting and on-boarding top talent for mid to senior level international positions within the organisation, as well as providing guidance and back-up support to Country Offices in selection and on-boarding of national staff as need may arise.
The Recruitment Manager will initiate and implement recruitment strategies to increase our talent pool and pipelines in the 11 countries we operate in.He/she will provide input to ensure that we have relevant skills at all levels and to attract and retain talented candidates while responding to the changing needs of the organisation.
S/he will implement industry best practices that ensure the timely selection of skilled staff and recruit in support of our organisational culture, while contributing to our position as an employer of choice.
This position will report to Director of Human Resources.
- In coordination with the Director of Human Resources, oversee recruitment efforts for mid-senior level international positions and working closely with senior/executive leadership team as well as technical units at both HQ and the field.
- Establish, develop and implement recruitment strategies to maintain a candidate pool and pipelines of former employees and pre-screened applicant in support of international recruitment within the organisation.
- In collaboration with unit/departmental heads, assist in promoting INSO as an employer of choice by attending technical events and conferences, leveraging social media, job boards and career fairs as appropriate.
- Partner with Director of Human Resources and Country Offices in workforce planning to determine future recruitment needs within the organisation
- Provide technical assistance and advice to Country Office HR Leads on recruitment best practices
- Work closely with Director of Human Resources to find creative solutions to day to day recruiting challenges and ensure timeliness and efficiency throughout the recruitment process.
- Oversee development and implementation of standardised Recruitment Procedures at all levels (national and international)
- Lead the development and updating of standardised Job Descriptions and TOR for all staff positions
- Develop innovative sourcing solutions and strategies to identify, attract and retain the targeted employee profile
- Execute full lifecycle talent acquisition activities for assigned positions including but not limited to:
- Develop and post vacancy announcements
- Respond to vacancy queries
- Screen applications for required criteria and develop shortlists for interview
- Conduct applicant screening interviews o Coordinate communications with candidates (application materials, written test, writing samples, etc.)
- Conduct reference checks o Prepare Offers of Employment, Contracts, NDA, Emergency Contact Data and other intake documents o Prepare and maintain recruitment audit files
- Track and identify cutting edge trends and best practices in global recruitment practices.
- Coordinate with heads of unit/department on employee deployment, induction and training
- Oversee exit/change management procedures to ensure positive transition for departing/transferring employees including re-deployments and exit interviews
- Assist in the further improvement of recruitment regulations and procedures and identify gaps
- Coordinate regular employee surveys to develop Key Indicators (satisfaction, performance, etc.)
- Contribute recruitment data and news to the Employee Portal and HR newsletter to improve organisation-wide communications and visibility.
- Establish and maintain a principled, transparent, communicative and creative recruitment atmosphere.
- Provide back-up support to other country offices as deemed necessary and other related duties as assigned from time to time by the Director of Human Resources.
MANDATORY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Fluency in ENGLISH and FRENCH (written and spoken)
- Graduate level of education in a relevant field
- Proven experience in recruiting senior level NGO positions and demonstrable understanding of the specifics of the sector.
- Demonstrable understanding of current best practice in recruitment/talent acquisition strategies.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Extensive experience of conducting phone, Skype or in person interviews with NGO job applicants
- Demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to, humanitarian principles and ethics.
- Mature, outgoing and pro-active personality with advanced people skills.
- Creative and solutions oriented.
- Ability to travel occasionally to any INSO field site (insecure locations).
PREFERRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Certified Internet Recruiter (CIR) certification
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and use of social media.
- SHRM or equivalent accredited member
- Any specialised qualification in HR/Recruitment/Talent Acquisition
- Existing knowledge of INSO and its mission
- Existing network of sourcing opportunities.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to the send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter expressing your motivation, addressing the mandatory skills and competencies and highlighting any preferred skills/competencies. Up to date CV (maximum 5 pages) Please do not attach any other documents – such as copies of your passport or educational certificates – as these are not required and keep the overall size of your application under 3MB. Please use the words “Recruitment Manager” in the Subject Line of your email.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb