Organization: Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 13 Dec 2016
HIAS seeks a passionate and motivated intern to work with the Community Engagement team to build the Jewish response to the refugee crisis. S/he assists in projects to engage Jewish audiences in advocacy, volunteering, and educational events.
• Supports outreach and engagement by preparing materials, responding to inquiries, and compiling information for synagogue representatives, volunteers, and others.
• Supports events and programming related to the refugee crisis.
• Researches opportunities, events, and organizations.
• Assists with the management of data related to the involvement of rabbis, synagogues, volunteers, and advocates.
• Performs other duties related to program development, grassroots outreach and data management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree.
• Experience working with the Jewish community strongly preferred; social justice experience strongly desired.
• Excellent written and oral skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task between administrative and programmatic issues, and manage time effectively and efficiently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and strong organizational skills.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working in 14 countries across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL EMPLOYMENT LAWS.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website, http://www.hias.org/career-and-internship-opportunities
Read more here:: ReliefWeb