Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 10 Dec 2016
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Job Location: Baltimore, MD
Reports To: Director, Talent Acquisition
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Working in partnership with international and domestic managers, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for the identification, screening, interviewing and referral of candidates for employment with CRS. The talent acquisition specialist is expected to engage in passive recruitment and to develop and maintain a large pool of potential candidates. He/she is also expected to represent CRS externally and to convey compelling employee value propositions based on CRS guiding principles, benefits and areas of expertise.
• Participate in the development, planning, and implementation of recruiting activities designed to enhance CRS’ ability to attract and retain qualified candidates.
• Develop strategic relationships with strategic hiring sources (e.g. colleges, universities, networks, associations), ensuring awareness of CRS as a destination employer
• Recommend strategic and creative sourcing strategies that support CRS mission and human resource goals and objectives
• Work closely with hiring managers to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications and skills
• Develop and maintain network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
• Identify and preposition potential candidates for large donor funding opportunities
• Screen and refer external and internal candidates for additional interviews with others in the organization
• Review applications/resumes and interview candidates to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, salary requirements and to provide information about the organization and position
• Participate with managers in interviews, clarifying employment policy and procedures
• Perform reference and background checks for new hires and discuss results with hiring managers
• Prepare documentation for offers for new hires and work with Compensation Manager on salary recommendations
• Work with hiring managers and compensation on negotiate offers with candidates
• Assist with the development and presentation of talent acquisition procedures for field and headquarters staff at regional meetings, orientations and training functions
• Enter and maintain recruitment information in the Applicant Tracking system (ADP); ensure proper documentation for EEO/OFCCP government audits
• Perform and promote all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, Agency policies and the professional standards
• Conduct public presentations at schools, colleges, organizations, career days, job fairs, etc.
• Other tasks as needed to fulfill responsibilities
• Customer Service Oriented
• Good listener
• Builds Relationships
• Strategic and analytical thinker
• Understands and can convey value propositions
• Understands respective markets and the factors affecting it
• Organized and able to multi-task
• Persuasive and persistent
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: HR staff, hiring managers (domestic and international), internal candidates/applicants, regional teams, country programs and Regional Directors
External: External candidates/applicants, university career service offices and program directors, HR peers at other NGOs and various other Recruitment sources.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Business or related field (Master’s in international development related field a plus)
• At least three years’ experience in recruiting for international development organization
• Experience in supporting competitive positioning for and pursuit of USAID resources through acquisition mechanisms (contracts)
• Knowledge of common USAID contract types including IQCs, T&M, FFP, CR, and CPFF preferred
• In-depth knowledge of HR and employment laws
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Excellent PC skills (MS Office) and ability to use computer-based applicant tracking systems
• Ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to apply Catholic Social Teaching principles and represent CRS and its programs
• Ability to design and execute effective and creative recruitment strategies for difficult-to-fill international recruitment assignments
Foreign Language Required:
None but French, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
Normal conditions for an office environment, willingness and ability to travel overseas as required
CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Apply online: http://bit.ly/2c3XSFL
Read more here:: ReliefWeb