Organization: Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 01 Dec 2016
HIAS seeks a Technical Support Specialist to provide technical support to users in all areas related to personal Computers (PC), PC related hardware/software, E-Mail, mobile voice/data devices, and the internal phone system. User support includes, but is not limited to: all device related peripherals; software; enterprise class applications; and audio visual components, video conferencing and basic account administration. S/he provides end user assistance in-person at their location, via telephone, or using an electronic medium such as email, chat or remote support tools, and equally supports, manages and administers the local area network (LAN) and respective equipment (servers, routers, wireless, etc.), including all manners of maintenance for both hardware and software (TCP-IP, DNS, Operating System, etc.).
• Supports, manages and administers the local area network (LAN) and respective equipment (servers, routers, wireless, etc.), including all manners of maintenance for both hardware and software (TCP-IP, DNS, Operating System, etc.).
• Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs hardware and software according to the standards set by HIAS’ Information Technology Department.
• Provides technical support to users for IT related hardware and software.
• Diagnoses and corrects problems with PC hardware and software, with mobile voice/data units, and the internal phone system; coordinates vendor support where necessary.
• Keeps individuals informed as to the status of their request for IT assistance; records all requests in the appropriate helpdesk system.
• Ensures the daily optimal performance of all computer systems.
• Maintains, repairs or replaces computing device related peripherals.
• Sets up equipment and domain accounts for employee use, ensuring installation of appropriate software.
• Confers with management, peers, and employees to establish requirements for new systems or enhancements to processes.
• Provides technical guidance and advice to management.
• Instructs and provides training to employees in the proper use of IT related software and hardware.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Associates degree in Computer Science or related field.
• A+ certification required; network certification preferred.
• A minimum of five years in technology support environment.
• Previous experience in NGOs or private sector highly desired.
• Valid U.S. driver’s license.
• Experience in Microsoft 365 platform.
• Availability to work occasional after-hours and weekends for IT related projects.
HIAS is a global Jewish nonprofit organization working in 14 countries across five continents to ensure that refugees and displaced persons are protected. Throughout the United States, we help refugees reunite with families, resettle and become self-sufficient. Guided by our values and history, we help refugees rebuild their lives in safety and security and advocate to ensure that all displaced people are treated with dignity.
HIAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL EMPLOYMENT LAWS.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website, http://www.hias.org/career-and-internship-opportunities
Read more here:: ReliefWeb