Posted by: Community Legal Aid
Worcester, MA, US
Be part of the solution! Community Legal Aid, Inc. (CLA), the non-profit civil legal services program in central and western Massachusetts, seeks a fair housing testing coordinator to work as part of a team assisting people experiencing housing discrimination in Worcester County (central Massachusetts). This is a one-year grant-funded position, with the possibility of extension. The coordinator will conduct community outreach about fair housing rights; recruit and train fair housing testers; design systemic and complaint-based tests; analyze test reports; and interview victims as part of the investigation of complaints of housing discrimination. The coordinator will also maintain detailed case records and assist with grant-writing and reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in community organizing, volunteer coordination or housing advocacy preferred.
• Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
• Ability to strategize, plan and implement programmatic initiatives.
• Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to engage in thorough record-keeping for reporting to government and other entities.
• Experience working effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds and dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven effectiveness with facilitation and training for varied audiences.
• Ability to work independently and to support team efforts.
Read more here:: Idealist