Posted by: Avon Breast Cancer Crusade
New York, NY, US
AVON 39 – The Walk to End Breast Cancer is the signature fundraising event series of the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade. The Crusade works tirelessly to improve breast cancer outcomes and reduce disparities in survival rates. Since 1992, the Crusade has focused on supporting awareness and education, screening and diagnosis, access to care, support services and scientific research.
AVON 39 – The Walk to End Breast Cancer is one of the premiere peer-to-peer fundraising events in the country, raising over $40 million each year to fuel the mission of the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade. We engage over 20,000 fiercely passionate Walkers and volunteer Crew members in seven markets across the US: Houston, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, Santa Barbara and New York City. Each Walker leverages their networks of family members and friends in order to raise a minimum of $1800 to participate. 39ers walk a marathon-and-a-half distance over the course of two days, 26.2 miles on Saturday and 13.1 miles on Sunday, and 39ers spend Saturday night at BaseCamp, a full-service mobile village providing catered meals, hot showers, entertainment and a sea of pink two-person tents.
To our Walkers, AVON 39 is a 2-day 39-mile challenge that asks for everything they’ve got — and rewards them with blisters, sore muscles and hero status. On the road to 39, no matter how far they walk, our Walkers crush fear, doubt and breast cancer — one persistent step and donation at a time.
Position summary: The Email Producer is responsible for executing successful web and email communications related programs for all to Avon Breast Cancer Crusade (ABCC) initiatives. This position requires a collaborative team-player and quick-thinker, who can work with ABCC colleagues, vendors, and other project stakeholders in a variety of areas. Proficiency in modern web standards and a demonstrated ability to learn new systems is required.
- Build and execute email campaigns for the AVON 39 The Walk to End Breast Cancer series. These campaigns include messages supporting fundraising performance (coaching messages, special initiatives, and how-to), event recruitment (promotions, lead development), and event details (event preparation, packing lists, and logistics).
- Code visually appealing email messages that excel in cross-browser, cross-service, and mobile environments. Manage comprehensive testing and display verification process for all messages.
- Develop and execute A/B testing on key messages.
- Translate UI/UX prototypes and designs into functional code for both email content and email templates.
- Manage transactional and autoresponder email content, including event registration, donation, refund, and change messages.
- Working closely with the Manager, Email Marketing and Fundraising Communications, develop segmentation strategies and pathways for different audiences and targets.
- Manage implementation of email service (currently iContact), ensuring access is appropriate across the enterprise. Oversee business relationship with service provider.
- Evaluate, analyze, and report on the messages and campaigns. Recommend improvements to be implemented in future markets and in future years.
- Ensure all messages meet CAN-SPAM requirements, other relevant regulations, and industry best practices.
What will it take?
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years related experience.
- Experience with Blackbaud/Convio products (or similar systems), specifically TeamRaiser, and CRM and CMS systems.
- Experience with email marketing systems, specifically iContact or similar systems.
- Mastery of email best practices, A/B testing, and mobile optimization principles.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects.
- Excellent written communications skills with a stellar attention to detail.
Email an updated resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include your last name and “Email Producer” in the subject line. We will review and if you’re a match we’ll contact you to start the conversation.
Read more here:: Idealist