Organization: Institute for Peace and Security Studies
Closing date: 06 Jan 2017
Vacancy: Communications Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS) is a premier African institution with the mission to promote peace and security in Ethiopia and Africa through education, research and professional development. The Institute produces skilled professionals in conflict prevention, management and resolution as well as in peace building, and promotes the values of a democratic and peaceful society.
IPSS is seeking a highly organised and motivated individual to fill the position of Communications Officer.
Core tasks and responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Communications Manager, the Communications Officer will:
- Write and edit content for the website and ensure all posts adhere to highest linguistic standards;
- Perform editing and proofreading for documents from all IPSS units;
- Assist the Communications Manager in the development of a robust communications and social media strategy;
- Assist in the production of print products such as brochures and publications;
- Ensure the website is always up to date and consistent with other digital platforms;
- Manage internal communication and editorial calendar;
- Assist in producing bi-monthly digital newsletters;
- Organise and maintain folders on the shared drive;
- Support the Communications Department with any other tasks.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or international relations from an English language university;
- Minimum 2 years experience in writing and editing content for internal and external communications;
- Experience in the management of social media and website management is an added advantage.
Competencies and skills
- Excellent command of written English at native or near-native level;
- Keen eye for spotting errors, inconsistencies and typos in documents and graphic works;
- Good knowledge of African development landscape;
- Spoken and written French is an added advantage;
- Highly organised and capable of operating with minimal supervision;
- Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible;
- 6 months, with possibility of extension based on performance.
How to apply:
How to Apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com by Friday, 6 January 2016 with the subject line: Communications Officer. A written test may be part of the recruitment process.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb