Organization: Palladium International
Closing date: 09 Jan 2017
The West Africa Food Markets Programme (WAFM) is a five-year DIFD-funded initiative implemented by the Palladium Group, leading a consortium including KPMG and Saana Consulting. WAFM aims for growth in supply of staple foods, particularly cereals, and in the purchasing power of farmers in food-insecure Sahelian countries, strengthening resilience against periodic food-deficit shocks and contributing to prosperity, stability and security. This is to be achieved via increased food production (yield increases and/or reduction in post-harvest losses) and cross-border trade along the Ghana-Burkina Faso and Niger-Nigeria trade corridors, thereby lowering seasonal price volatility in selected food markets. The programme is made up of two components, a Policy Facility and a Challenge Fund.
1 Challenge Fund (CF): The CF incentivises businesses to pilot and scale pro-poor innovative activities to increase staple food and cereals production, processing and marketing, targeting and facilitating cross-border trade. This focuses on production and trade in cassava, maize, millet and sorghum. 2 Policy Facility (PF): The PF supports interventions resulting in tangible gains in outreach, production and sales of smallholders, traders and processors via medium-term changes (attainable in 1-2 years) in policies, regulations, administrative directives and practices affecting the rules & institutions that promote cross-border trade in targeted cereals and associated processed food products and other products (HQCF, starch etc.)
The Grants Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of grant funds including contracting of grantees, funds disbursements, mobilisation of consultants and completion of all field assessment visit and regular reporting.
The Grants Manager is a technical staff on the Challenge Fund. The role requires the incumbent to possess strong competencies in analysis, data management, finance and administration, business processes, organisational and events management, agribusiness and agribusiness financing, grant making processes and project delivery mechanisms. WAFM Programme is looking for an experienced Grants Manager who will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the development of fund operational processes and manage a robust and transparent grants procedure.
- Undertake pre-grant capacity assessments of potential grant recipients and make recommendations for disbursement of funds
- Conduct due diligence or assessment of financial and administrative capacity of grantees
- Review grant recipients work plans and budgets and facilitate the contracting process
- Conduct site/monitoring visits which may include data verification exercises to ensure the quality of programme results
- Conduct relevant training and coaching of grantees to enhance their capacity in areas crucial to the success of the grant management
- Contribute to efforts in meeting donor reporting requirements as well as reporting
- Review periodic narrative and financial reports, as well as disbursement requests from grant recipients
- Track and document fund disbursement and estimated future spending.
- Manage day-to-day operations of grant funds
- Lead a fraud mitigation strategy and risk management
Qualification and experience
- University degree in either management, finance, accounting, auditing, financial management or other related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in project management, at least 5 of which are specifically focused on challenge funds, grants, contracts and/or compliance
- Knowledge of agriculture and agribusiness related funds’ grant processes, including accounting and financial reporting
- Experience in setting up grant management systems and processes, including interacting with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience of working with donors in development programmes would be an advantage
- Experience in fraud and risk management
- Proficient in both written and spoken English. Good knowledge of French is highly regarded.
Skills and desired competencies
- Good communication (written and verbal),numeracy, presentation and analytical skills
- IT proficiency especially Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel
- An eye for detail
- Team player with leadership capability
- Excellent coordination and planning skill
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ay5rYXVmbWFuLjIxNDc5LjM4MzBAcGFsbGFkaXVtLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Read more here:: ReliefWeb