Organization: Internews Network
Closing date: 26 Jan 2017
Internews is seeking a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded Media and Civil Society Organization Strengthening program in Haiti. This three year project aims to strengthen independent media outlets in Haiti and improve the operating environment for both media and civil society organizations in the country. The Chief of Party will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the program and will: provide strategic guidance and leadership for the implementation of the program; coordinate technical, legal and capacity building assistance to partners and beneficiaries; ensure proper oversight of Internews personnel, financial management, administration policies and USAID rules and regulations; and coordinate with other media stakeholders in the region to ensure Internews leverages other resources, avoids duplication and compliments other media development initiatives. The Chief of Party will also be responsible for establishing a strong partnership and dialogue with local partners, national and local government officials, and donor representatives,
Note: Hiring of this position is contingent on project funding
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide leadership, management, representational and operational oversight for Internews’ program in the Haiti.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of independent media issues in the region (print, broadcast, radio and new media), and a general understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing independent media across the country.
- Represent Internews before the USG, national and local Haitian government authorities, local CSOs, beneficiaries, and other national and international organizations in the country.
- Provide operational and representational assistance to ensure activities are meeting goals and targets, and recommending operational adjustments, when necessary.
- Ensure, track and report project progress and activities against work plans.
- Oversee program monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation and to measure impact of activities.
- Ensure the project is in compliance with all grant and cooperative agreement rules, regulations and requirements, as well as with Internews internal policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary budget authority, responsible for ensuring all costs charged to the project are allowable, reasonable and correctly allocated.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organizations and ensure that implementation is responsive to the needs of partners and beneficiaries.
- Researching funding opportunities for additional and/or complementary funding opportunities; participating-in and contributing to proposal-writing process.
- Conduct site visits to the partner organizations throughout the country.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Manage and oversee all staff based in the country, both expatriate and local. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Significant program management background; experience with capacity-building programs for media and civil society organizations.
- Experience working on fast-paced, complex USAID-funded programs.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, including reporting requirements and subgrants management.
- Familiarity with Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
- Previous senior-level management experience, including significant staff, financial and administrative oversight.
- Computer literacy in both English and French.
- Experience working in Haiti.
- Journalism background or experience highly desirable.
- Relevant university degree.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb