Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 25 Jan 2017
Local Human Resources (HR)/Recruitment Manager, USAID Evaluation and Survey Services (ESS), Haiti
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is preparing a proposal for the $4-6 million two-year base period (with three, one-year option periods totaling between $4-7 million) USAID-funded Evaluation and Survey Services (ESS) project in Haiti. The objective is to provide technical services to design and carry out evaluation activities in support of USAID/Haiti programs. These could include performance baseline surveys, mid-term and final performance evaluations, impact evaluations, and assessments. Through this ESS contract, USAID/Haiti seeks to more cost-effectively and efficiently measure, monitor, and evaluate the impact of US development assistance in Haiti.
SI is seeking a Local Human Resources (HR)/Recruitment Manager to lead and manage full-cycle recruitment of both expat and Haitian consultants as well as full-time project staff on an as-needed basis; and providing full human resources services to the project. This is a full-time position will be based in Port-au-Prince for the duration of the project, and will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Haitian citizens are eligible to apply.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
· Onboard and offboard project employees, including arranging and conducting orientations for new staff and exit interviews; setting up employee benefits and payroll.
· Manage employee files and maintaining complete confidentiality.
· Ensure proper compliance and protocols are being followed per SI, local labor laws, and USAID/Haiti policies.
· Develop HR programs including employee engagement.
· Lead full-cycle recruitment of expat and Haitian consultant teams for evaluation and monitoring activities that are requested by USAID, typically within a two-week timeframe. This includes:
o Developing clear and thorough job advertisements; posting them to appropriate job boards and newspapers.
o Sourcing qualified candidates through various means; networking with partners to increase pool of candidates.
o Screening for skills, background and quality.
o Setting up interviews for qualified candidates with other project staff members.
o Recommending a finalist candidate for a position.
o Gathering candidate documents: biodata/1420, references, CVs, Letter of Commitment/Conflict of Interest forms, salary and education verification documents.
o Conducting verification of candidate references and salary to determine and issue a reasonable offer.
o Tailoring the candidate’s CV and qualification for presentation to USAID.
o Maintenance of strong candidate relationships with the project and SI.
o Ensuring the SI recruitment database is kept up to date with all candidate documentation, correspondence, interview notes and statuses.
· Lead full-cycle recruitment when a replacement is needed for Haitian project employees.
· Work closely with SI-HQ’s recruitment team to ensure processes are being followed.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
· At least three years of experience leading recruitment of consultants and employees on an international development project in Haiti. USAID project experience is strongly desired.
· At least three years of human resources experience on international development projects in Haiti. Knowledge of USAID policies and regulations on hiring is desired.
· Expertise and comfort using an online, web-based database and conducting sourcing online.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
· Fluency in English and French/Haitian Creole (excellent skills in both oral and written).
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb