Posted by: Jane Addams Senior Caucus
Chicago, IL, US
Jane Addams Senior Caucus is hiring a Health Care and Economic Justice Organizer. This position is responsible for building a powerful base of grassroots leaders who can win health care and economic justice campaigns that build long-term power and achieve short terms victories. This is an exciting position for an individual with a passion for community organizing, racial justice and social change.
Health Care & Economic Justice Organizer Primary Functions:
- Recruit and build a powerful base of grassroots leaders who can win health care and economic justice campaigns that build long-term power and achieve short terms victories.
- Develop and carry out grassroots actions as determined by the campaign strategy. Actions could include: community meetings, press events, letter-to-the editor campaigns, lobby days, and direct action. Manage logistical details, materials development, preparation of leaders;
- Coordinate volunteer grassroots advocacy including phone banks, door knocks and other outreach efforts;
- Provide staff support to Health Care and Economic Justice Team, which includes creating meeting minutes, maintaining the database and frequent communication;
- Work closely with Jane Addams Senior Caucus’ organizing staff to develop, refine, and further Health Care and Economic Justice and Jane Addams Senior Caucus overall organizing program;
- Support the growth and stability of Jane Addams Senior Caucus by bringing in new members, new donors and contributing to fundraising events and foundation applications.
- One (1) or more years of experience in community organizing;
- Proven experience with health care, economic justice and issue campaigns;
- Experience developing and implementing short and long term campaign strategies with a diverse range of legislative and corporate targets;
- Ability to move diverse groups of people and work well as a team member;
- Can meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment;
- Excellent personal accountability and follow through;
- Proven track record of grassroots leadership development;
- Passion and strong commitment to social, racial and economic justice;
- Multi-lingual skills are a plus.
Salary is competitive and based on experience. Full health, dental and life insurance benefits offered.
Jane Addams Senior Caucus is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals and women.
Read more here:: Idealist