Posted by: Project HOME
Philadelphia, PA, US
The Housing Compliance Manager is responsible for the oversight of all HUD grants/ contracts/ regulations and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) regulations for Project HOME (PH) and limited partnerships. The position will serve as the PH point person and specialist on HUD and LIHTC programs. Additional responsibilities include directly overseeing all housing administration, overall tax credit compliance and HUD grant management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all applicable internal and external paperwork is complete relevant to housing, such as: leases, rent calculation, PHA and tax credit forms. Forward applicable forms to appropriate internal departments and external agencies.
- Completing monthly and annual reports related to tenant eligibility and income as needed, including but not limited to: the Pennsylvania Housing and Finance Agency, the Delaware Valley Community Reinvestment Fund, the Federal Home Loan Bank, the Office of Housing and Community Development, the Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority and the Office of Supportive Housing. Provide training for all in-house personnel and residents on the documentation requirements and application processes for housing eligibility.
- Assist in the coordination and development of the lease up process.
- In charge of completing the lease up paperwork for newly acquired or built buildings/programs in order to stay in compliance with the funders, etc.
- Manage obtaining contract renewals for each property (PHA, Shelter plus Care, etc).
- Computing tenant rent and communicating this to the Property Managers; Compliance Manager. will be the liaison between Project HOME and Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA).
- Maintain the tenant housing files.
- Remain up to date with HUD and LIHTC regulatory changes and ensure that these changes are translated into revised policies and procedures, leases and lease addenda, and LIHTC management plans. Also remain up to date on legal and regulatory guidelines that pertain to housing, such as rent calculation guidelines, re-certification processes, eviction appeals processes, tenant landlord law. Revise forms and policies and procedures as needed.
- Provide training to Project HOME staff and residents on documentation requirements and application processes relevant to housing eligibility.
- Serve as a resource to Project HOME staff working with tenants who are moving from one residence to another or who are transitioning out of Project HOME housing.
- Provide in-service trainings to all relevant referral sources around eligibility requirements, referral procedures, and documentation requirements for Project HOME housing.
- Serve as an expert resource to Project HOME case management staff on internal housing options and requirements.
- Work with Directors, as needed, to establish common intake, move-out and recertification procedures for Project HOME housing.
- Work with the Housing Administrator to prepare for audits and file reviews. Ensure all findings or questions are resolved quickly.
- Attend trainings and forums on HUD, LIHTC, COC, PHA and Home
- Integrate new rules and regulations pertaining to housing and support managers in rolling them out.
- Perform quarterly file audits on the Housing files to ensure that all HUD and LIHTC regulations are being followed
- Create policies and procedures for Housing Administration work in order to ensure efficiencies and document processes
- Supervise the Assistant to the Compliance Manager
- Train &/or coordinate training of staff.
- Create and maintain an internal policy and procedures to ensure most efficient processes. Monitor procedures and modify if necessary.
- Maintain record retention system.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with LIHTC Compliance work
- Tax Credit certification
- Experience with supportive and subsidized housing laws (HUD, Shelter Plus Care, PHA, Low Income Housing Tax Credit Laws)
- Some supervisory experience
- Strong organizational, administrative and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- 5-Years Yardi experience
- COS certification
- Additional advanced certification in Housing Compliance
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Read more here:: Idealist