Organization: Handicap International
Closing date: 06 Jan 2017
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.us
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International is composed of 2 operational directions:
- The Direction of Humanitarian Action
- The Direction of Development Action
Since the offensives of the group Islamic State (IS) in 2014, Iraq has been facing an internal armed conflict and a double humanitarian crisis, with high numbers of Iraqi internally-displaced people (IDPs) and Syrian refugees in need of humanitarian assistance. In 2015 the ongoing armed clashes have caused further waves of displacement. At the end of November 2015, there were 3,191,000 recorded IDPs and 245,000 Syrian refugees in Iraq.
The identification of the most vulnerable individuals among them, including people with disabilities, and the rapid response to their essential needs (both basic and specific) is a priority for the humanitarian community. In addition, Conventional Weapons (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) continue to impose a devastating human toll in Iraq. In contaminated areas, local populations, IDPs and returning populations are all at risk of death and injury.
The armed conflict and the humanitarian crisis in Iraq will continue throughout into 2017. In parallel, the economic and political crisis in Iraq is hampering the delivery of medical and socio-economic services, complicating the access and increasing the vulnerability of the general population, and in particular of persons with disabilities, all over Iraq.
Handicap International (HI) started its activities in Iraq in 1991. HI’s strategy in Iraq for 2017 includes 3 main components:
- Long-term development projects: support to civil society, access to services, awareness campaigns, community-based rehabilitation.
- Emergency response for Internally Displaced Persons and vulnerable host communities (rapid protection assessments, provision of physical rehabilitation and psychosocial support services, support to local structure, inclusion).
- Mine Action: risk education, victim assistance, survey and clearance of contaminated areas.
The current operations are implemented through direct intervention and through local partners in the Kurdistan region (development projects), in the disputed territories of Iraq (emergency and mine action projects) and in Central Iraq through partners. HI currently has a country coordination office in Erbil, three field offices in Erbil, Kirkuk and Khanaqin and a support office in Suleymaniyeh.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that local legislation is respected and that a legal framework is implemented;
- Ensuring the respect of HI and donor Administrative and Logistics guidelines (cash management, fund use and follow up, recruitment process, management of purchase, stock, supply, equipment, vehicle etc.);
- Negotiating and liaising with local and administrative authorities as well as with local suppliers;
- Maintaining and developing the administrative and logistic organisation and operating framework: administrative management, management of contracts, etc.;
- Administrative and logistic reporting to the coordination team on monthly basis;
- Ensuring proper management of human resources: HR policy, recruitment, administrative management of staff, training management etc.;
- Supervising the administrative and logistics staff.
The main fields of tasks are:
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Supply management
- Assets management
- Fleet management
- Team Management
- At least 2 years’ experience in finance and/or logistics position within international organisations
- Experience in security management in complex context is an asset
- Experience in project writing is an asset
- English mandatory (oral and written)
- Kurdish or Arabic speaker is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision
- Good organisational skills, co-ordination and the transfer of knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to team work
- Ability to work in a tense context with strict security measures
- Start: 09/01/2017
Duration: 6 months renewable
Salary from 2,200€ (gross) / month regarding the experience of the candidate
Perdiem : 507,29€ (net)
Hardship allowance : 250€ (net)
Insurances : medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
Paid holiday : 25 days per year
R&R : 5 days every 3 months
Status : position open to unaccompanied
Housing : Collective taken in charge by Handicap International
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb