Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 16 Jan 2017
Creative Associates seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID/OTI-funded project in Iraq. The COP will be responsible for the management, oversight and reporting of all program activities as well as instill the inclusive, iterative and adaptive principles of OTI programming in coordination with OTI. The COP will lead the overall management of relationships with USAID/OTI’s Country Representative (CR) and Deputy Country Representative (DCR). He/she will ensure compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant USAID and USG rules and regulations. The COP will also take the lead in coordinating with appropriate ministries, local government authorities, and local implementing partners.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Chief of Party will report to the Project Director at Creative headquarters.
- Work with the USAID/OTI CR and DCRs on key decisions and problem-solving to ensure program continuity.
Have demonstrated past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming ideally.
Make key operational decisions and solving problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity. Overall program direction is provided by USAID/OTI through the TOCOR and USAID/OTI Country Representative.
Financial and program management, oversight, and reporting of contractor progress and quality of performance in meeting the activity undertakings in this program.
Supervise activity design, implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and activity closing under the guidance of the USAID/OTI Country Representative.
Contribute to the design and implementation of the M&E system at both the activity level (ensuring that all activities are monitored and evaluated) and beyond the activity level (outcomes and impact).
Ensure that all relevant staff are consistently and accurately entering data into the USAID/OTI Online Activity Database.
Build team spirt and high moral of all staff working in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
Supervise the DCOP, Finance Manager, Grants Manager, and Security Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program with demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed and challenging field operations in developing countries.
- Experience with programs that provide quick delivery of assistance in response to emerging windows of opportunity.
- Experience working with media and advocacy programming as well as with social media technology is preferred.
- Experience working in developing countries is required, preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment. Experience with previous countries undergoing transition is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of programming in Iraq or the Middle East and North Africa is preferred.
- Experience with grant management, preferably in-kind and small grants, as well the procurement of goods and services and management of short-term technical assistance providers.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out.
- Experience in the hiring, training and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs.
- Financial management experience, including budgeting and financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting).
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
This position is contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*C787CFAED2939166
Read more here:: ReliefWeb