Organization: Palladium International
Closing date: 06 Jan 2017
Job Summary: The Director, Shared Services is responsible for overseeing and directing the operations and administration of the Project, including procurement, transport and security, and general office management. This individual supervises and supports project HR, operations, finance, IT and security, ensuring that project policies and procedures are followed and all programmatic activities are supported. This position ensures that all staff are trained in and understand project policies and procedures and model and ensure utmost integrity in all project dealings; support project leadership with regular reports in these areas. This individual reports to the Chief of Party.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes, maintains, and updates operational policies and procedures to guide the work of project staff and management.
- Supervises and supports the operations manager who oversees the operations department. Ensure the department conducts proper procurements including maintaining vendor lists, vendor and price monitoring, establishing and managing procurement processes, developing and updating purchase order templates and receipt of service documentation.
- Monitors operational activities ensuring that standard operating procedures and sound practices are followed in carrying out operational activities and tasks including procurements, event management, and overall office administration.
- Supervises the finance manager and ensures that all financial processes and transactions follow organizational policies and standards. Oversees budget development, assistance with projections, financial planning, and monthly cash forecasting, coding issues and cash requests when necessary.
- Oversee and assist with liaising with relevant ministries regarding registration, organizational reporting, visas, taxes, etc.
- Assist with project travel arrangements and manage event preparations.
- Maintains regular communication with the senior management team providing relevant and timely information for planning and decision making purposes.
- Produces accurate and timely operational updates and reports as required for internal management, the headquarters office, and international donors, as appropriate and requested.
- Oversees vetting processes for local subcontractors and vendors ensuring tracking and filing as well.
- Supervises and interfaces with transport and security; Recommends and oversee security strategies, measures, and improvements.
- Adheres to and trains relevant staff in all project administrative and operations policies and procedures.
- Performs other administrative duties, as needed and requested.
1 MBA Degree from a recognized academic institution in the area of business or related field. 2 Proven competency in planning, organizing, and managing activities. 3 At least 7 years of operations experience with a good understanding of proper business systems; experience with international organizations and USAID a must. 4 Knowledge and experience with USAID regulations and policies as well as ISA (International Standard on Accounting) and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). 5 Experience with managing a project in similar size and content and interfacing with required ministries a plus. 6 Proficiency in MS Office applications and financial software designed for small and medium size business. 7 Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English. 8 Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules, standards and progress are reviewed and monitored. 9 Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management. 10 Demonstrates good judgment and decision making.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ei53YWZpLjI4OTY1LjM4MzBAcGFsbGFkaXVtLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Read more here:: ReliefWeb