Organization: Palladium International
Closing date: 06 Jan 2017
The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the finances and accounting of the project, including budget administration, accounting systems and processes, banking, cash management, financial reporting, processing payments to vendors and contractors, and interfacing with auditors and tax personnel. This individual supervises the finance staff and works closely with Operations, Human Resource, and Program staff to accomplish project objectives. This individual reports to the Director of Shared Services.
Supervise monthly financial activities; process payments, vouchers, and payroll; ensure proper tax withholdings and other payments; review/process reimbursements, prepare routine and ad hoc financial reports, ensure compliance with project policies and procedures, maintain financial files and supporting documentation. Key Responsibilities:
- Establishes, maintains, and updates organizational financial policies and procedures to guide the work of project staff and management.
- Supervises and monitors the Finance Department activities ensuring that standard accounting principles are followed in carrying out all financial transactions consistently and promptly.
- Works with the program managers to develop annual budgets, projections, financial plans, costing estimates and monthly cash forecasting.
- Maintains regular communication with the senior management team providing relevant and timely financial information for planning and decision making purposes.
- Produces accurate and timely cash flow projections, financial and other reports as required for internal management, the headquarters office, and international donors, as appropriate and requested.
- Works closely with Human Resources to implement monthly payroll accurately and on time, keeps accurate and updated records and conducts regular reviews of staffing financial information.
- Oversees payments to vendors and contractors, consultants and other relevant parties and ensure that proper documentation is present; tracks all tax withholding information that is readily updated and available to project leadership.
- Tracks and reports on Return to Project funds on a monthly basis and keep cumulative info on hand..
Handles all financial procedures and records, including: a. Budget Administration. Overseeing the annual budget and financial plan preparation, tracking budget execution. b. Banking and Cash Management: Managing bank accounts and related records, cash disbursements, cash receipts, cash count. Reports to senior staff on status of accounts. c. Financial Reporting: Preparing monthly and quarterly reports including budget variance reports, trial balance, cash flow reports, sales receipts and banking reconciliation and balance sheets. d. Accounting Procedures: Managing accounts payable, and accounts receivable summaries, journal entries for adjustment to the general ledger, chart of accounts and financial coding structure e. Payroll: Managing monthly payroll process and keeping payroll records.
Performs other financial management and administrative duties, as needed and requested.
Oversight of financial reviews and necessary follow up actions re grantee and partner entity finances.
- Bachelor Degree from a recognized academic institution in the area of business and finance or related field; MBA is an advantage.
- Proven competency in planning, organizing, and controlling financial activities.
- At least 5 years of financial management experience with a good understanding of business operations; experience with international organizations and USAID regulations an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with ISA (International Standard on Accounting) and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Experience with managing a project in similar size, supporting donor audits, interfacing with MoF tax staff and complying with MoEc requirements a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and financial software designed for small and medium size business.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules, standards and progress are reviewed and monitored.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ei53YWZpLjY0MTk0LjM4MzBAcGFsbGFkaXVtLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
Read more here:: ReliefWeb