Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 31 Dec 2016
TEAM ASSISTANT, MIGRATION AND DISPLACEMENT INITIATIVE
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Provide a professional administration support service to the Director, Migration and Displacement Initiative (MDI) and the global MDI team, with specific focussed support to the Director. The role will also provide an opportunity to get involved in the migration and displacement sector and engage on related research, policy and programming issues.
Other tasks include (but not limited to)
- Manage all travel booking arrangements for the Director and the MDI team, including other related requirements such as visas, hotel accommodation and foreign currency. It should be noted that most of the MDI team are not based in Nairobi.
- Pro-actively manage and organise a variety of meetings, including dial-ins/Lync/Video calls, all logistics and checking attendees in advance – and where appropriate take notes and follow up on/monitor action points
- Maintain a workflow tracking document / tool on the different MDI projects / initiatives etc.
- Monitor the team’s budget and track the budget and process invoices for key projects
- Provide support to Research Manager/Adviser in overseeing contracts/budgets for research projects.
- Play supportive role, if requested, in the analysis of research data
- Prepare expense claims for the Director and team
- Support with the design and production of communications materials for the team, e.g. power point presentations
- Maintain filing and correspondence as necessary
- Develop strong, positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders on behalf of the Director and MDI team.
Contract Duration: 2 years Fixed Term Contract
Location: Nairobi , Kenya
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Sound judgement and an ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach and offer solutions as appropriate
- Willingness to learn new skills and engage in other elements of the MDI’s mandate as requested
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English, with an eye for detail
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy both within and without the organisation.
- Maintain a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
- Self- motivated with ability to work autonomously
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Interest/knowledge in migration and displacement issues/debate would be of benefit.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: ‘MKogi.email@example.com‘
Read more here:: ReliefWeb