Organization: Intermedia Survey Institute
Closing date: 16 Dec 2016
Job Title: Research Intern (Nairobi)
Reports To: Senior Research Manager
Salary Grade: B (Level 1)
The Research Intern reports to the Senior Research Manager and Head of InterMedia Africa based in Nairobi and works, with direct supervision, on a range of InterMedia research projects and assignments. S/he will work closely with InterMedia staff at all levels and across all InterMedia offices and will be expected to take responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of their work. The Research Intern will provide support on more than one project at any given time and will need some guidance to manage workload and prioritize. S/he will report to a Senior Research Manager and will be encouraged to provide input and ideas for new business initiatives, innovation in project design and to strengthen internal processes through communication with their supervisor.
· Provides project management support throughout project implementation.
· Under direct supervision, prepares quality documents including research instruments, client reports, whitepapers and marketing materials as assigned.
· Performs secondary research and conducts quantitative, qualitative and digital data analysis and visualization.
· Actively adopts internal working practices and uses electronic project management and intranet systems.
· Maintains project documentation and ensure appropriate storage of all materials on Interpoint.
· Supports new business development initiatives as assigned.
· Contributes to proposals, projects and business development as assigned.
· Develops proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research analysis techniques and software including SPSS and ATLAS.
· Provides back up and support to project teams and other departments as necessary including business development, Resource Allocation, Finance and Administration.
· Supports their project team by ensuring that all documentation and research materials are maintained and saved on InterPoint and InterPoint information is upto date.
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Specialty Skills)
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in Social Sciences or any relevant field with 1 to 2 years of work experience.
· A passion for working in international research and competent in designing and delivering research solutions that provide clients with the strategic insight they need.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office suites and confident working with quantitative and qualitative analytical software including SPSS and/or NVIVO or equivalents.
· An excellent team player and problem solver with a client focused approach to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a motivation letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5pm Nairobi time on 16th December, 2016.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb