Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date: 05 Jan 2017
We are looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Grants Manger, DFID for DRC Syria.
Who are we?
DRC has been actively assisting people and communities affected by the current Syrian crisis since 2011, with programme in support of Syrians in Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey and of within Syria.
The DRC Syria programme, headquartered in Damascus, currently have seven expatriate staff and more than seventy national employees – some of which are based at the DRC Community Centres located in six different areas throughout the country. In addition to this, DRC has a network of more than two hundred volunteers and service providers supporting DRC’s operations.
The overall country funding for 2016 is around USD 25 million, with about 80% for emergency operations. Main donors are: DANIDA; ECHO; UNHCR, DFID, OFDA and EC.
About the job
This job aims to coordinate the implementation of the DFID programme in Syria. This multi-sector programme operates across multiple sites in Syria, and includes interventions in Shelter, Protection, NFIs, and Livelihoods. The GM will report directly to Programme Development Manager (PDM). S/He will support the Sector Managers and their field staff through the national coordination of this project.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Support the DFID project kick-off, review (interim) and closing meetings (including lessons learned workshops with country team);
· Organize monthly project review meetings (national) to ensure that both financial and programme performance is on track;
· Follow up on DFID Results tracker on a monthly basis in coordination with M&E;
· Liaise with relevant staff to ensure DFID compliance are followed, to ensure project quality and consistency across Areas of Intervention (as relevant);
· Maintain, update, and record changes to, key project management tools, including staffing, procurement, spending and activity plans and project needs on a monthly basis;
· Maintain the grants and report tracking system such Grants Monitoring system (GMS) and Grants tracker for DFID related infomration.
· Monitor and report on country programmes’ compliance with DFID’s guidelines/ practice/ preferences;
· Monitor and keep an oversight of all budget spendings, realignments and request for change in budget line spendings.
· Lead drafting of all donor reports, grant amendments and future proposals relating to the assigned projects;
· Provide regular reports to PDM on all aspects of project implementation and possible obstacles;
· Assist in donor engagment with DFID and provide regular updates ot PDM on project progress, and key areas of donor concern/ interest
· Develop the overall work plan for the relevant project in coordination with relevant staff and follow up on the day-to-day implementation of project activities;
· Supervise and provide leadership ensuring that project objectives and activities are understood, internalized and carried out by field staff;
· Regularly visit and support relevant field staff, to support monthly reforecasting, workplan and target review, and workplan revision/ target re-planning processes are happening.
· Attend sector working group meetings (Shelter, Livelihoods, Social Stability) in Beirut as required, and disseminate information to relevant staff.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
To be successful in this role you must have:
· Master’s degree or equivalent in social science, development studies, human rights or any other related field
· 3 years experience in Grant management
· At least 2 years experience in working with DFID funded projects with strong compliance knowledge.
· At least five years project management experience in the field of shelter, protection, or livelihoods;
· Experience in development/ humanitarian work
· Experience with project cycle management and project management tools such as logical frameworks, work plans, budgets and forecasts, and monitoring and evaluation plans and indicator tracking;
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship building, presentation skills, communication;
· Demonstrated ability and effectiveness in dealing with internal and external actors at different levels;
· Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
· Ability to work under pressure, on a range of tasks, meeting deadlines;
· Demonstrated commitment to transparency, high quality outputs;
· MSc. in International Development
· Arabic language skills will be viewed favorably
We offer DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. For Expatriates, salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A14. National contracts will be offered to national candidates.
How to apply:
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=147903&uiculture=eng&MediaId=5.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close on 05 January 2017. If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Read more here:: ReliefWeb