Posted by: National Urban League
New York, NY, US
The National Urban League seeks two (2) Managers, Urban Senior Job Program in the Workforce Development Division. The Managers will work closely with the Director in managing the Urban Seniors Jobs Program (aka SCSEP grant). The Managers will assist with developing strategies and tools to help ensure that sub-grantees/urban league affiliates meet or exceed programmatic and performance goals. The Managers will also perform accurate and timely monitoring and assessment of performance outcomes.
- Responsible for analyzing, communicating and providing technical assistance and support to affiliate staff on grant responsibilities and requirements
- Monitors the overall performance and monthly reporting of assigned project sites
- Reviews and assesses project reports and SPARQ system in collaboration with the USJP Director to assure compliance with grant policies and expected outcome measures
- Conducts data analysis on spending of participant wages, incidental and specialized training funds
- Delivers training to affiliate staff as needed to help assure staff meet performance targets and maintain data integrity
- Reviews and designs program forms. Assists in the development of other products to ensure compliance with DOL regulations, grant provisions and program objectives
- Assess affiliate compliance with NUL and DOL requirements through on-site visits, desk audits, and conference calls
- Assesses the proper and timely submission of in-kind reporting and documentation
- Develops and conducts training for affiliate staff on Program operations and performance goals
- Travel to affiliate sites with the possibility of overnights stays
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- 3 years Project Management experience required.
- 3-5 years of workforce development experience.
- SCSEP experience a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to write, analyze data for reports function in a supervisory capacity
- Must have strong computer skills
- Knowledge of job training and employment programs and services
- Able to effectively work as part of a team and serve in a positive, professional manner.
- Demonstrated dependability, maturity, and initiative.
- Must be able to work as a team member and independently
- Counseling/case management experience serving economically disadvantaged or older adults a plus
- Familiarity with labor market information is a plus.
Read more here:: Idealist