Organization: Samaritan’s Purse
Closing date: 13 Jan 2017
Samaritan’s Purse is looking for a National DME Training Manager will act as the focal point for program manager training and capacity building on Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), providing technical guidance and oversight for the design and implementation of Design, Monitoring and Evaluations (DME) plans.
Training Manager will work closely with the Senor Programs Manager and the Program Development Officer in the design phase of projects to ensure that DME plans are realistic and in line with SP’s Project Management Guidelines. This will be based in Niamey, Niger.
Description of Job Duties:
· Build up Program Manager and M&E officers capacity in Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME)
· Develop full, effective cross-functional working relationships with Program Managers and M&E officers for DM&E and partner functions/sectors.
· Participate effectively with DM&E networks, practitioners and learning/research institutions to access, research, evaluate and promote the best available external practices and resources in DM&E.
· Supporting assessments and operational research for contextual understanding, identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities and resources, deciding feasibility and setting priorities.
· Support and train the program and technical teams in the development of design documents and logical frameworks that prioritize needs established during assessments and secondary data analysis.
· Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation system consistent with SP Strategy and Field Office Guidelines (FOG) that includes standards developed by multilateral & bilateral agencies and NGOs.
· Oversee updates of SP database that captures project details and geographical coverage of activities
· Train M&E officers and PMs, and assist in developing data entry, storage, and analysis templates for project monitoring.
· Advise, assist and train Program Managers and M&E officers on analysis of project data using international tools and methodologies.
· Conduct advanced statistical analysis when required.
· Support management and accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of program activities based on log frames.
· Develop and train program’s team in quality control systems & mechanisms needed to guarantee proper management of information & data.
· Train and assist Area Coordinators and Programs Managers to implement realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data for comparison against a project’s targets.
· Support Program Managers to produce reports (quarterly, annual, final) in a timely manner which accurately reflects field level conditions and programming progress program design.
· Document and disseminate the key lessons and findings from project evaluations & operations audit for organizational learning and decision making.
· Gather relevant information regarding best practices in program design, monitoring & evaluation from within & outside the SP partnership & share it with field staff to facilitate organizational learning & experience sharing.
· Identify appropriate and internationally standardized performance indicators (such as CSI, HDDS, HHS, etc.) for integration into on-going monitoring activities such as PDM and FBM.
· Compile briefings on all M&E related activities as necessary to update Senior Programs Manager
· Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors & volunteers.
· Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, & the general public.
· With a generous & serving spirit, perform all other tasks & responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
· Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
· Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
· Bachelors’ degree in development related subjects preferable, Economics and Statistics with a minimum of five years in Monitoring and evaluation; or five to seven years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence clearly required. Ability to speak effectively and persuasively before groups and other humanitarian actors required.
· French language skills are highly recommended.
· Strong capacity and experience in training and capacity building
· Demonstrates substantial experience in a M&E or programming role
· Communication and analytical skills
· Computer skills especially statistical analysis using SPSS, MS Access, STATA, Excel, Epi Info, among others.
· Demonstrated ability in data collection, management and analysis.
· Understanding of survey methodology, and experience implementing surveys with various sampling methodologies (cluster, LQAS, etc.)
· Experience in proposal development and grant management
· Good knowledge of project cycle management and development
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
· Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
· Disability insurance
· Term Life insurance
· Retirement savings plan
· Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
· Annual home leave
· Twelve vacation days per year
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit our website – https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/NER-Niger-Niamey/National-DME-Training-Manager_7833
Read more here:: ReliefWeb