Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Social Impact is preparing for a proposal for the USAID/Philippines Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Project. It is envisioned that the project will provide assistance to the Office of Health for monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, and learning for USAID health projects in the Philippines. The period of performance is anticipated to be five years, with a budget up to $10 million.
SI is seeking a Human Resources (HR)/Recruitment Assistant to lead and manage full-cycle recruitment of both expat and local consultants as well as full-time project staff on an as-needed basis; and provide full human resources services to the project. This position will be based in Manila for the duration of the project.
**** Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with citizenship in the Philippines will be considered. **
- Onboard and offboard project employees, including arranging and conducting orientations for new staff and exit interviews; setting up employee benefits and payroll.
- Manage employee files and maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Ensure proper compliance and protocols are being followed per SI, local labor laws, and USAID/Philippines policies.
- Develop HR programs including employee engagement.
- Lead full-cycle recruitment of expat and Haitian consultant teams for evaluation and monitoring activities that are requested by USAID, typically within a two-week timeframe. This includes:
- Developing clear and thorough job advertisements; posting them to appropriate job boards and newspapers.
- Sourcing qualified candidates through various means; networking with partners to increase pool of candidates.
- Screening for skills, background and quality.
- Setting up interviews for qualified candidates with other project staff members.
- Recommending a finalist candidate for a position.
- Gathering candidate documents: biodata/1420, references, CVs, Letter of Commitment/Conflict of Interest forms, salary and education verification documents.
- Conducting verification of candidate references and salary to determine and issue a reasonable offer.
- Tailoring the candidate’s CV and qualification for presentation to USAID.
- Maintenance of strong candidate relationships with the project and SI.
- Ensuring the SI recruitment database is kept up to date with all candidate documentation, correspondence, interview notes and statuses.
- Lead full-cycle recruitment when a replacement is needed for project employees.
- Work closely with SI-HQ’s recruitment team to ensure processes are being followed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Three years of experience leading recruitment of consultants and employees on an international development project in the Philippines.
- Three years of human resources experience on international development projects. Knowledge of USAID policies and regulations on hiring is desired.
- Expertise and comfort using an online, web-based database and conducting sourcing online.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb