Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Social Impact is preparing for a proposal for the USAID/Philippines Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Project. It is envisioned that the project will provide assistance to the Office of Health for monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, and learning for USAID health projects in the Philippines. The period of performance is anticipated to be five years, with a budget up to $10 million.
SI is seeking a Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist to support all KM activities under the USAID/Philippines Project. This position will be based in Manila for the duration of the project.
· Responsible for facilitating strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge to improve USAID programs in the Philippines.
· Develop plan that outlines key learning and knowledge management questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
· Spearhead the design and implementation of institutional learning activities including seminars, events, briefings, after actions reviews, among others.
· Assist USAID staff in adopting and strengthening systems and processes that foster learning and knowledge-sharing, and inform future programming.
· Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, and coordinate efforts amongst implementing partners working in common development objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in public health, social sciences, evaluation services, business management or other related disciplines required; Advanced degree preferred.
· At least five years of experience in applying evaluation and assessment findings, performance data and other evidence to adaption of existing and design of new USAID projects.
· Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators across the health sector.
· Familiar with standard USAID indicators and capable of developing customized indicators and capable of developing customized indicators.
· Previous experience working closely with local government partners across all levels to accomplish project objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with other USG or donor-funded projects.
· Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Philippines to attend to contract implementation tasks.
· Fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb