Organization: Terre des hommes
Closing date: 23 Dec 2016
Position Start Date: January/ February 2017
Duration: 1 year renewable
Location: Budapest – Hungary (or potentially another country within the region where Tdh has an office) with frequent travelling in central and eastern Europe
General conditions: Local contract – 1.500 CHF <> 1.800 CHF net /month according to experience. No expatriate benefits.
The Terre des hommes Foundation, a member of the International Federation Terre des hommes, is the largest international child right NGO in Switzerland. We operate in over 30 countries and 100 projects of development aid and emergency affecting over 2 million beneficiaries. We employ 1,500 people, including 130 based at our headquarters in Lausanne. Our direct assistance projects, strengthening systems and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of maternal and child health and child protection.
In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in 22 countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Kosovo, Albania, Greece, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
Tdh in Europe is currently undergoing a major organizational transformation in line with its new regionalization strategy, which foresees the development of a regional hub operated from Budapest and the establishment of an innovative programmatic management logic.
The Fundraising Officer will be a key fundraising leadership role within the new regional organisation, the Fundraising Officer will champion the fundraising perspective within the regional and across the wider organization. They will guide and support the development of a culture of fundraising, while also using their expertise to develop proposals and secure funding for Tdh.
· Guide the region in building a culture of fundraising.
· Actively promote a culture of fundraising in the region
· Develop fundraising proposals / grantwritting
· Act as a technical advisor and manager for collaborative proposal development
· Work with country and regional programme staff and regional managers to support and leverage their donor representation, relationship building, and donor intelligence gathering.
· Provide guidance, coaching and training to country program staff on building donor relationships, gathering intelligence, building visibility, and pre-positioning for funding opportunities
· Facilitate information management, collecting, disseminating, and centralizing fundraising information.
· Act as a repository for donor intelligence, proposals, analytics, supporting documentation, and experiences from the region.
· Collect and disseminate this information, making representation and proposals more consistent.
· Facilitate cross-learning between country programs in the region.
· University degree in relevant field
Experiences and aptitudes:
· At least 5 years previous experience of fundraising within the NGO sector.
· Successful track record of securing substantial levels of funding from institutional donors e.g. EU, Europe Aid, SDC, DFID, ECHO, UN, etc.
· Extensive experience in proposal writing and donor relationship management.
· Experience of working in a highly collaborative environment with minimal direct supervision in a complex regional setting.
· Well-developed team leadership qualities, along with facilitation, networking and advocacy skills
· Excellent oral and writing skills in English (C2) is essential;
· Competency in an eastern European language would be highly desirable.
· A commitment to excellence & attention to detail
· Ability to uphold high standards and punctuality under pressure
General conditions: Local contract, Local contract – 1.500 CHF <> 1.800 CHF net /month according to experience. No expatriate benefits.
Child Safeguarding policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy li
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their CV, motivation letter and 2 references to email@example.com by December 23rd, 2016.
Due to the high numbers of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to everyone individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview
Read more here:: ReliefWeb