Organization: Norwegian Church Aid
Closing date: 01 Jan 2017
The World Council of Churches and Norwegian Church Aid launched a report in November 2016 on how Syrian and Iraqi minority groups are affected by the current conflicts in Syria and Iraq titled; The Protection Needs of Minorities From Syria and Iraq.
This is a home based consultancy for translation of the above-mentioned professional report from English to Arabic.
The total length of the consultancy is estimated to 10 days during the time period of January 13th to February 8th 2017.
- The indicated time frame for the consultancy is 10 consultancy days.
- All the text in the report, including titles, endnotes and photo captions shall be translated.
- The consultancy is organized in two parts:
- The initial translation work of the whole report is estimated to be done in 8 consultancy days. This part includes providing a first draft in 6 consultancy days for review and then two consultancy days to finalize the draft 2 based on inputs provided by NCA on draft 1.
- Upon type setting of draft 2, the consultant will do a proof reading of the type set version. Two consultancy days are indicated for this final proof reading.
- The aim is to get the consultancy work started by January 13 and finalized by February 8th 2017. (5-10 days in between are needed to provide feedback on draft 1 and for type setting).
- The consultancy fee will be paid within 14 days of the submission of the invoice from the consultant upon total completion of the consultancy.
We invite you to submit your brief applications by January 1st 2017. Please include a CV inclusive of lists of similar jobs done earlier and your fee. References to samples of translation work you have done will also be appreciated (If available on the web a web link is sufficient).
NCA is seeking a consultant who is experienced in translating professional reports with different thematic focus from English to Arabic. The main thematic focus of this report is on context description, conflict dynamics and humanitarian work.
The consultant should be able to provide a good quality translation making the professional content of the report in a readable contemporary Arabic.
The consultant should be able to work independently
The consultant should be able to plan and implement the work within the agreed upon dates and time limits.
How to apply:
NCA uses an electronic gateway for all recruitment where you can register and submit your CV, write an application / cover letter and attach relevant certificates. Only applicants using this electronic gateway will be considered for the position. https://www.webcruiter.no/wcmain/advertviewpublic.aspx?oppdragsnr=3295681268&link_source_id=5465334666&company_id=148934216&culture_id=EN
Read more here:: ReliefWeb