Posted by: EBALDC – East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation
Oakland, CA, US
Emphasizing our historic and continuing commitment to Asian and Pacific Islander communities, the East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC)works with and for all the diverse populations of the East Bay to build healthy, vibrant and safe neighborhoods through community development.
EBALDC is a first-generation social enterprise founded in 1975 that has consistently generated >75% of our revenue from earned income. Our businesses and programs generate revenue to support sustained social impact. We oversee a diverse range of businesses and programs, including real estate development, property management, social services, and professional services, some of which are corporate operations and others are operated as subsidiaries and through partnerships with public and private partners.
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC)is seeking a regular full time Resident Services Coordinator– San Pablo Hotel & Avalon Senior Housing in Oakland.
In partnership with the property management staff, the Resident Services Coordinator will facilitate resident services at the San Pablo Hotel and Avalon Senior Housing. Duties will include resident service coordination and individual assistance, particularly with public benefits, budgeting, and housing stability assistance; building resident engagement and leadership opportunities; coordinating with the site’s Property Management staff on addressing resident needs
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate resident services and individual assistance
- Provide one-on-one resident assistance for all residents based on needs, with a particular focus on income support through public benefit enrollment & maintenance, budgeting, and housing stability assistance so that residents can remain housed.
- Work with residents on property concerns and support conflict mediation, crisis intervention, housekeeping issues, and housing re-certifications.
- Support the variety of populations with special needs, such as seniors, veterans, and immigrants living at the property.
- Provide support for all additional individual needs through referrals and coordination.
- Identify resident needs and service gaps, and build partnerships, work with community service providers, enlist volunteers, and participate in planning and trainings to remediate gaps.
- Manage and operate computer laboratory to be used by residents, and support residents with resource search and other activities at the computer lab.
- Manage service agreements, partnerships, and volunteers.
Build resident engagement and leadership development opportunities
- Recruit and build relationships with residents in an inclusive manner through door-knocking, one-on-one meetings, quarterly newsletters, fliers, phone calls, and other methods as deemed effective.
- Promote resident leadership and community engagement among residents for activities both internal and external to the building.
- Facilitate resident meetings in collaboration with Property Management on a regular basis.
- Provide programming that meets the needs of the residents in an inclusive manner.Manage and assist with volunteer and resident-designed programs.
- Support the development of resident groups, associations, or committees as requested by residents, including supporting residents in participation with the EBALDC Resident Leadership Council.
- Facilitate planning and host a variety of community events in collaboration with Property Management with a goal of building neighbor connectedness.
Coordinate with property management staff and supervisors at facility
- Meet with Property Management staff on a weekly basis, and with supervisors on a monthly/bimonthly basis, to take on service referrals, assess needs of residents, discuss resident concerns, and discuss overall property developments as they may pertain to serving residents.
- In particular, work with Property Management staff work towards common goals of resident engagement, housing stability, and property and neighborhood safety.
- Plan and budget for all service activities in collaboration with Property Management.
- Provide support to Property Management in the orientation of new residents and recertification for existing residents.
Provide other program administration as needed
- Maintain electronic case files of individual work with residents.
- Enter data regarding residents’ attendance at events, groups, and engagement in the community.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by supervisors, partnerships, or grant requirements.
- Attend cross-property resident meetings, department meetings, and other EBALDC events.
- Attend community meetings; participate in organizational events, and special events as required. Meetings may occur during the evening.
- Provide other support as required by supervisors.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of relevant work experience.Preference to fields connected to social services, senior services, health services, or community organizing.
- Experience in providing services within a housing setting and familiarity with property management is required.
- Experience working with programming for seniors and individuals with special needs.Ability to design and provide programming and services for seniors according to resident needs.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet-based research and communication.
- Ability to lead and develop resident planning processes through facilitating group decision making and feedback.
- Ability to motivate and build resident involvement and participation
- Ability to work with a diverse group of service providers to ensure services are delivered.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and efficiency
- Willingness to undertake a flexible work schedule, including attending occasional night and weekend activities
- Ability to relate to people of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic/racial backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to assist with event set up.
- Ability to sit in a chair for long periods of time.
- Ability to deliver door-to-door communication for residents.
Benefits and Other Information:
EBALDC offers excellent benefit. EBALDC pays up to 95% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life, EAP, Retirement, Paid Time Off, CA Paid Sick Leave, Holidays and Wellness Days off for all eligible employees.
All candidates will be subject to a background check**
Please NO PHONE CALLS!
EBALDC is an EOE/AA Employer
Read more here:: Idealist