Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross
Closing date: 06 Jan 2017
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Somalia Delegation in Nairobi implements the institution’s humanitarian activities in Somalia.
Administrative Assistant (Fixed-Term Contract) – Kismayo
The Administrative Assistant (Somalia-based resident/national position) will be responsible for implementation for the general administration policy and ensures good organisation of the administration unit in Kismayo. The position is a fixed-term 4-month contract. S/he will perform the following duties:
· Facilitates general day to day office administration and provides administrative support to the all staff;
· Ensures inventory of equipment and furniture are well recorded and submits regular reports;
· Ensures regular maintenance of the equipment is done;
· Raises requisitions for office supplies, stationery, equipment and maintains inventory records;
· Advises and assists other staff in areas of office management;
· Arranges for and/or attend meetings on day-to-day administrative matters;
· Provides information related to the above functions;
· Provides interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures;
· Initiates internal memos;
· Reports regularly about changes, problems and suggestions regarding administrative matters;
· Briefs new staff on ICRC Administrative procedures;
· Participates in internal meetings as translator;
· Conducts interpretation of documents from English to Somalia and vice-versa;
· Ensures that all administrative files are recorded properly in respect to the given procedures and deadlines;
· Supervises all support staff;
· Provides training to the housekeepers;
· Ensures proper usage of the guest house;
· Prepares monthly statistical reports regarding guest lists and the expenses incurred accordingly;
· Manages food fixed costs and all guest house/office running costs.
· Diploma in Business Administration or related field;
· At least 2 years’ experience in a similar field of activity;
· Fluent in written and spoken English;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Suite;
· Good analytical rigor and method skills;
· Good communication and negotiation skills.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to the Head of Human Resources Department, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 6th January 2017. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
*Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.*
Read more here:: ReliefWeb