Organization: CTG Global
Closing date: 31 Jan 2017
Overview of CTG Global:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of position:
Our client supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peace building, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Their mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our client’s vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing their partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, our client offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that our client can quickly respond to their partners’ needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Our client is located in Nairobi and oversees the organizations operations in Somalia, South Sudan and Burundi. Their regional offices covers a large geographic spread, including Eritrea, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Mauritius, Seychelles and Comoros, in addition to those mentioned above, our client in Kenya implements a large portfolio of projects in partnership with other UN agencies and various donors on the ground, ranging from physical infrastructure to transactional projects.
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Manager, the incumbent is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities, but not limited to:
Management and Implementation:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with our client’s procurement manual, financial rules and regulations, relevant organizational directives and administrative instructions.
- Implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Establishing and effective use of internal SOP’s in procurement, control of workflows in the procurement unit.
- Continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of changes.
Planning and Evaluation:
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Elaboration and implementation of proper needs assessment and requirement definition mechanisms for identification of projects’ actual procurement needs.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, ITB and RFP, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with our clients procurement manual and FRR.
- Review and verification of procurement-related submissions to the HQCPC.
- Review and verification of purchase orders for goods, contracts for services and works.
- Effective use of the procurement processes monitoring systems and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement; elaboration (whenever necessary) of changes in the procurement monitoring systems.
Coordination and Knowledge sharing:
- Sound contribution to projects during planning and implementation stages.
- Participation in negotiations, acceptance reviews and FA budget & IAN formulation as required.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Conduct of procurement training for SSOC staff as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Monitoring and Progress Controls:
- Assist in submission of a procurement reports to the Head of Support and/or Procurement Officer, on a quarterly basis, or as required.
- Assist in the development of the unit work plan, and contribute to the achievement of those goals.
- Complete procurement of all required goods, works and services on a timely basis and in an accurate manner.
- Participate in the development of monitoring tools for the procurement unit and work with members of the unit to ensure these tools are used effectively.
- Efficient procurement service unit to the clients, while maintaining full compliance to our client’s standards.
This role reports to the Procurement Manager.
- Minimum eleven years of relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of UN procurement and financial rules and regulations is desirable.
- Work experience in developing/post conflict countries is an added advantage.
- Computer skills with word processing, spread sheets, email and internet are required.
- Knowledge of UN systems is desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication in English is required.
- PRINCE2 foundation or equivalent project management qualification is an asset.
- Professional certification in the field of procurement from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or elsewhere a plus.
- Leadership – Proven supervisory ability and/or technical leadership. Ability to maintain effective working relations both as a team member and team leader.
- Teamwork – Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Planning & Organization – Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
- Judgment – Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision making skills.
- Communications – Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Problem Solving – Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of management and coordination issues.
This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of business administration, public administration, accounting, international relations or any other relevant discipline with a combination of two additional years of relevant professional experience is a requirement.
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline may substitute for some required years of experience.
- Additional training and/or practical experience in project management is desirable.
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using the below link:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb