Organization: Internews Network
Country: Sri Lanka
Closing date: 20 Jan 2017
Internews seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for a potential USAID-funded media support program in Sri Lanka. The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in all aspects of program management, at a strategic level and also at an operational level. Primarily responsibilities are oversight of operations, program implementation, reporting, and sub-grants. The DCOP will support the COP in liaison with USAID/ Sri Lanka on technical matters and in program management and operations in response to USAID/ Sri Lanka technical direction. The DCOP will support the COP in ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance. The DCOP will also be required to act as COP from time-to-time being the principal point of contact in Sri Lanka for procedural and substantive matters, and will also take on delegated COP responsibilities as required.
Note: Hiring will be dependent upon receipt of project funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Work with the Chief of Party in project, office, and personnel management.
- Develop and maintain a keen understanding of challenges and issues facing effective media and communications in Sri Lanka.
- Work with the COP, local partners, and local staff to design innovative strategies that support individual Sri Lankan media outlets and strengthen the media sector holistically.
- Cultivate relationships with relevant local and international governmental actors, media, partners and agencies and represent Internews to Sri Lankan government, USAID, and other donors.
- In partnership with the COP, provide leadership in the development and maintenance of professional relationships with donors through reporting, liaison, communications, and advocacy.
- Work with Internews home office to ensure proper administration of projects.
- Support the COP and senior administrative and finance staff to ensure compliance with organizational and donor rules and regulations.
- Support the COP’s efforts in project planning, budgeting, and administrative oversight.
- Analyze project results and the implementation of successes/failures.
- Develop plans for improvement/expansion of activities, as assigned.
- Additional assignments and initiatives as necessary.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible media development experience, including working with media organizations and providing senior program management.
- Successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded media projects and proven ability to develop, implement, and monitor work plans, training plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, and procurement plans.
- Strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with counterparts, international organizations and donors.
- Long-term development experience in the Asia/South Asia region (5+ years preferred).
- Working experience and knowledge of Sri Lanka is preferred.
- Experience as a manager or trainer with professional capacity-building programs for journalists and media outlets and strong knowledge of new media preferred.
- Demonstrated mentoring abilities and experience supporting senior managerial staff.
- Experience with USAID- and/or US government-funded programs strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb