Organization: International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
Closing date: 08 Jan 2017
Do you want to help save lives and change minds as part the worlds largest humanitarian network?
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is a global membership organisation comprising National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies around the world. Through 190 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and 17 million volunteers, the IFRC network is present in virtually every community, reaching more than 160 million people every year with life-saving and life-changing support.
The Communications and Community Engagement Department is part the Partnerships Division, and comprises four teams, including the Cross Media Campaigning team. Together, these teams advocate for local communities, vulnerable groups, and people in need.
The Manager of Cross Media Campaigning is a member of the department management team and leads a small team of communication officers.
You are strategic planner and creative doer who loves to spread world-changing ideas through innovative communication. You will work across IFRCs media platforms including web, social, print and design to develop and execute integrated campaigns that advance communications priorities and achieve goals.
You will work with departments, regions and reference centres to develop a global cross media campaigning strategy and package technical advice and expertise for cross media campaigning and distribution.
You will lead on transforming and growing IFRCs web and social media into integrated and leading humanitarian platforms that promote engagement and participation in IFRC and members humanitarian priorities and advocate for local communities, vulnerable groups and people in need
· Lead the development, coordination and execution of IFRC’s Cross media campaigning strategy
· Manage a coherent and strategically focused production and distribution campaigning environment across IFRC
· Foster a culture of digital innovation and leadership across IFRC
· Be a role model in inspiring, leading and managing a productive, positive and high-performing team
· Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in communication, international relations, journalism, development studies or related field, or first level university degree with significant relevant experience
· 10 years working experience in a humanitarian, development, policy, government or related sector including at least three years managing teams.
· Demonstrated professional experience in an international or cross-cultural environment with a focus on multi-channel communication or campaigning
Knowledge, skills and languages
· Extensive knowledge of systems, techniques and methodologies used
· for campaigning including large-scale social media experience
· Results oriented and demand driven, ability to set clear goals and measure progress towards achieving them
· Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including the ability to lead within a matrix management structure and utilise talent and experience of team members in a productive way
· Outstanding networking, representational and communication skills; an ability to be proactive and persuasive
· Experience leading communication activities in a complex environment
· Demonstrated track record in innovating, contributing to a learning culture, sharing knowledge and new approaches to engaging partners
· Professional credibility, able to work effectively at all levels across the organisation
· Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality
· High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders on politically and culturally sensitive issues
· Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment
· Fluent written and spoken English.
How to apply:
If you are interested, click here on Manager, Cross Media Campaigning for a full job description. The position is open to application on our website until November 08th 2016. Apply to the position of Manager, Cross Media Campaigning
For more information on IFRC, including our mission and principles, visit www.ifrc.org
Read more here:: ReliefWeb