Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
Closing date: 09 Jan 2017
Digital Field Communications Intern
The intern will help to strengthen the reputation and image of MSF in MSF OCG mission countries. The intern’s main responsibilities will be to (i) monitor, map and help build the online presence of MSF, (ii) set up a monitoring system for our projects and (iii) participate in monitoring the implementation of field communication strategies.
- Develop and implement digital/social media plans to accompany communications initiatives developed by the field communications unit.
- Provide monitoring and analysis on the reach of MSF’s communications initiatives.
- Develop field digital media strategies when needed, in collaboration with the MSF’s communications team.
- Help develop ideas and multimedia content.
- Help ensure regular mapping and monitoring of influencers and MSF publications on key topics.
- Support organisation of staff meetings and other events.
- Support the head of unit to establish field communication plans for MSF and contribute to their implementation.
- Contribute to articles, interviews and e-tools in coordination with field communications advisors.
- Translate texts, press releases and reports, and revise translations (French and English).
- Support the four field communications advisors in their initiatives.
- Graduate degree in media and communications, digital, political sciences or public relations (currently graduating or studies completed since end of 2015).
- Creativity and innovating spirit
- Ability to work independently and do-it-yourself attitude
- Strong command of English and French
- Solid understanding of international media and online media
- Good knowledge of MS Office and digital (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Strong writing skills and journalist’s mindset
Terms of employment
- Fixed-term internship contract (12 months), full-time position (100%)
- Based in Geneva
- Ideal starting date: January 2017
- Salary according to level of studies
How to apply:
Interested candidates should forward their complete application (CV, letter of motivation, French or English, 5MB max) to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Stage FieldCom 2016.12” in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 9th January 2017.
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details on the job offer or MSF, please visit our website : http://www.msf.ch/travailler-avec-nous/
Read more here:: ReliefWeb