Organization: Global Apprenticeships Network
Closing date: 02 Jan 2017
Important: Candidates must have a valid Swiss Work permit. Applications without a Swiss work permit will not be considered.
Whom are we looking for?
The GAN is looking for a Communications & Operations Trainee with excellent communications and English writing skills. The candidate should have previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, multi-stakeholder environment. Ideally, the candidate is tech-savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe and is able to work in an environment with tight deadlines. Fluency in Spanish is an advantage.
As a Communications & Operations Trainee, the tasks will involve, but will not be limited to:
· Draft and/or edit minutes, correspondences, news releases, donor proposals, ToRs, presentations, and other communication tools, such as the social media calendar
· Research on global issues & trends of Members, Partners and possible donors
· Analyse information on funding priorities and trends
· Manage website content
· Create communication materials using Photoshop and Microsoft programs
· Provide administrative support for outreach activities
· Support in logistics for events, trips and travel reports
· Support in events organisation
· Update calendar of events
· Organize contact information and maintain contact management systems
Who are we?
The Global Apprenticeships Network (GAN) founded in late 2013 as a response from the G20 and B20 to the global youth unemployment crisis, is a business-driven coalition of committed companies and international organizations joining forces to ensure skills for business and jobs for youth on a global and national scale. The GAN advocates for work-based training, shares best practices and facilitates multi-stakeholder dialogue. To date, companies such as Adecco Group, Accenture, Astra International, Gi Group, Huawei, Hilton Worldwide, IBM, MasterCard Foundation, Nestlé, Randstad, Samsung Electronics, Telefónica and UBS form part of the GAN and are committing to action.
· Excellent command in English
· Very good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet software and image edition software)
· Experience in drafting reports and/or short articles
· Experience in management of multilingual websites using content management systems
· Experience in Social Media platforms
· Experience in working in a fast-paced international environment
· Knowledge of Spanish
· Proactive, with good organization skills
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
· Team player
· Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
How to apply:
A compensation package is offered. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position by 2 January 2017 to: email@example.com
Please also respond to the three following questions:
1. Are you eligible to work in Switzerland?
2. What is your earliest start date?
3. Do you have a previous experience in an International Organization Environment?
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb