Posted by: The New School
New York, NY, US
- First level of technical IT support assisting clients with any concerns, inquiries or issues they may have about IT services and related software and hardware as well as university inquiries, answering phone queries, walk-ins and email
- Dispatch support to classrooms and offices to provide first level of troubleshooting and support, and escalating when necessary
- Strong communication and customer relationship skills
- Concise writing skills to log, update and close issues through service desk software
- Strong first level technical knowledge and ability to multitask
- Knowledgeable on supported systems and escalation paths
- Continue to expand customer service skills and technical knowledge
- Undergraduate degree and/or outstanding professional level work experience in the educational technology sector or closely related field.
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a fast paced IT department, including campus technology services and learning spaces.
- Proficient with use of customer relation’s management tools, ticketing systems, knowledge base, remote troubleshooting, Google Apps, and other enterprise level applications needed for IT support.
- Strong working knowledge of Mac, Windows, IT best practices, troubleshooting, escalation paths, quality control and assurance practices.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills, including listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Results and customer oriented, yet mindful of team efforts, departmental vision and institutional mission.
- Capable of heavy lifting
- Work hours: To be determined. Applicant must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends is required.
- Strong preference to applicants with knowledge and successful track record of ITIL practices.
- ITIL Foundation Certification
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/13758
Read more here:: Idealist