Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 05 Jan 2017
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised $2 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, ensuring that they are able to survive, learn and be protected whatever their circumstances, including in times of humanitarian crisis.
2016 is a time of change and growth at Save the Children. As part of our new strategic plan ‘Every Last Child’, we have made it a global priority to build humanitarian, advocacy and campaigning capability, to become truly global – driving stronger and more diversified funding, and to maximise the use of our knowledge, systems, capacity and culture. We are doing whatever it takes to reach the world’s most excluded children. With your help we can ensure the world puts children first, and that we can tackle the barriers that prevent them from surviving and thriving. We won’t stop until every last child survives and fulfils their potential.
Position reporting to: Awards & Compliance Coordinator
Positions reporting to the POST: None
Contract type: Employment
Contract length: Fixed term
Closing date: 5-Jan-17
The Project Manager is responsible to, with partners, deliver high quality projects for children and their families with a focus on (1) excellent project implementation, including timely activity implementation according to plan and routine monitoring against agreed indicators, (2) high quality progress and final reports for external and internal use and (3) strong budget oversight: monthly forecasting and spending according to plan; quarterly revisions, as needed; budget (spending) reporting and (4) ensuring procurement is on time and in line with technical specifications and (5) ensuring compliance with relevant polices. S/he will also provide day-to-day oversight to an assigned set of project(s) based either in the SCI office or with implementing partners. S/he will coordinate between SCI and partners, while mapping best practices, tools used, lessons learnt and effectively share with partners and global program coordination team. S/he will actively monitor activities, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget, and that delays or issues with implementation are flagged immediately and corrective actions are taken. Moreover, the Project Coordinator will be working closely with the relevant TAs and staff on capacity building/strengthening interventions ensuring quality of Save the Children’s programme.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Compliance (systems, processes, donor)
- Understanding of SCI processes and other key donor requirements and adherence to these
- Understanding of the Award Management System (AMS) and reporting functions, and ensure AMS is up to date to drive data quality for partners’ record.
- Support Awards & Compliance Coordinator in the legal vetting process of implementing Partners through AMS.
- Maintain hard files for all partners’ agreements.
- Draft SGAs of partners assigned by Awards & Compliance coordinator, while ensuring that appropriate annexes are included.
- Facilitate partner sub grant close-out, helping project managers to ensure all tasks are completed as per the close-out checklist and that all required close-out documentations are kept on file.
- Inform Awards & Compliance Coordinator after close-out letter is signed for further dissemination.
- Support Awards & Compliance Coordinator to perform portfolio level monitoring and analysis such as funding tracker.
- Produce management reports for partners and escalate identified sub awards portfolio issues in a timely manner to awards and compliance coordinator.
Monitoring and analysis
· Financial analysis of partners’ financial reports for monitoring purpose.
- Support Awards & Compliance Coordinator in facilitating awards review meeting with partners and relevant budget-holders as and when required.
Developing self and others; Working effectively with others
- Build relationships with other teams to support the resolution of issues including deliverables of partners’ reports.
· Support Awards & Compliance Coordinator in delivering the capacity building to Partner organisations as and when required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Professional qualification in Business, International Development, Finance/Accounting or similar
· University degree in Business Administration or Finance
· Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
· Experience in managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA, SIDA etc.)
· Relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s
· Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities. Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must
· Ability to proactively identify issues and problem solving skills to address these
· Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Excellent time management and planning capacity
Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
· Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
· Annual leave
· Medical Scheme, Accidental and Life insurance.
· A motivating work environment
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Please apply in English by sending your up to date CV with a cover letter as a single document explaining your salary expectations to email@example.com and mention the position that you are applying for to the subject section. The advertisement will be closed on 5th January 2017 at 5:30 PM (Turkey local time). The interviews will be on a rolling basis In order for an application to be considered valid, a copy of the residency/work permit card must be attached with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb