Organization: International Medical Corps
Closing date: 25 Dec 2016
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility for rapid response to emergencies. International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Position Summary: The Grants and Communication officer will assist in the day to day activities of the Grants and Information department related to management of grants, program reporting and proposal development. The Grants and Communication officer will support the Grants Manager in programmatic and budgetary monitoring, adherence with donors and internal IMC rules and regulations. The will support the collected data and reports from program teams, tracking program progress and support in internal and external communication related activities. The Grants and Communication Officer will work closely with the program teams and will report to IMC’s Grants Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Grants and Reporting:
· Ensure that relevant information for donors’ proposal and reports is collected from program departments and assist grants manager in drafting donor proposals and reports
· Maintain IMC Turkey’s Grants filing system including hard and soft files
· Play a role in Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, and operations) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised.
· Provide through progress reporting continuous analysis of the achievements, facilitate project review, evaluation and audits;
· With input from Program Managers and Monitoring and Evaluation team, assist in producing high quality activity and program progress reports as per donors and IMC requirements
· Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents;
· Support Grants and Information Department in organizing and managing meetings with other department within the organization
· Develop donors reporting templates and trackers
· Other duties as needed
· Support Communication Specialist in ensuring effective communications and visibility within IMC Turkey team and to external audience
· Assist Communication Specialist in developing, implementing and monitoring communication plans as per donor guidelines
· Undertake filed visits to collect communication information such as case studies, success stories and photos
· Support Communication Specialist and program team in preparing visibility material such as banners, signs, monthly newsletter, share stories with HQ for special events.
· To distribute and share with all IMC staff copies of all documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget etc.) related to their specific programs. Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use.
· To act as an information resource on Turkey and Syria and provide informative and varied articles from several sources regarding the current political, socio-economic, security situation in these countries.
· Provide briefing papers and support development of external communication tools as relevant for donor visits/meetings on IMC Syria and Turkey programs in particular.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Mass Communication, Journalism, or other related fields.
· At least 2 years of work experience in relief or development programs preferably in Syrian conflict
· Excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in English
· Demonstrated ability to write and edit documents under tight deadlines
· Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
· Excellent knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and other relevant programs
· Capable of delivering products with minimal supervision
· Physically fit and able to cope with demands of unusual working hours and difficult environments.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Previous experience working with international donors, in particular USAID/OFDA, BPRM, DFID, and ECHO.
· Turkish or Arabic language skills strongly preferred.
· Valid work/resident permit or related documentation.
How to apply:
Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter should be submitted in English with the subject title to following email address, respectively:
Read more here:: ReliefWeb