Organization: Relief International
Closing date: 20 Dec 2016
Position: Information Management Officer
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reports to: Deputy M&E Manager
Duration: 6 Month
About RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Relief International is registered NGO in Turkey and is based in Gaziantep to build capacities of Syrian communities to respond their needs in health, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and education.
Under the direct supervision of Deputy M&E Manager RI is looking for a creative individual for our program in Turkey/Syria who has the experience and competencies to work as an Information Management Officer (IMO). The IMO will bring significant experience and fresh ideas to strengthen the response’s Information & Data Management system.
S/he will work as part of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability & Learning team to provide analyzed data to key decision makers which will effectively support Relief International’s response in Turkey and Syria. The IMO will be responsible for the provision of appropriate, timely, well organized data. S/he must ensure that data is produced and used without compromising the safety and security of Relief International’s beneficiaries, partners or staff.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that a creative, user friendly data-management system supports Relief International’s program implementation.
· Support the design and the roll out of data management.
· Support the implementation of mobile technology to support Relief International’s data management systems, including the use of tablet technology, GIS, GPS etc.
· Support the program and MEAL teams by entering, storing and presenting data to enable quality analysis and use.
· Strengthening reporting systems and data flow.
· Ensure that key programmatic information is available and in an effective format to be disseminated to all key stakeholders using proper dashboards and infographics.
· Work with the MEAL team to make information available and presentable on accountability and in particular the meaningful participation of affected population, community members and partners.
· Increase data presentation and use.
· Work with infographic software to increase quality and frequency or data presentation throughout the program.
· Focus on innovative and creative methods of presenting data and information tailored to different teams/levels of management.
· Comply with all relevant Relief International policies and procedures with respect to child protection policy, health and safety, equal opportunities, code of conduct and other relevant policies.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· University degree in Software or Computer science related field or equivalent.
· Experience of working with information and data management systems in complex contexts
· Experience of working with DHIS 2 (District Health Information System) is an advantage.
· Demonstrable experience of competently and effectively synthesizing and managing large quantities of data.
· Good reporting skills using external tools and database connections.
· Advanced level of using Microsoft office Excel.
· Excellent proven communication skills, including working with multiple stakeholder groups.
· Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of Relief International. In particular, a good understanding of the Relief International mandate.
· Languages: Good command of English & Arabic speaking and writing.
· We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
· We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
· We value
o Transparency and accountability
o Agility and innovation
How to apply:
How to Apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English to email@example.com before the 20 December 2016 stating in the subject “Information Management Officer “. In addition a 3 professional references. All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey (residence permit, Work permit) or have a valid Turkey ID.
Read more here:: ReliefWeb